Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First person view is a MUST

I know this was probably discussed before but we need working first person view. I visited a friends camp last night and it was beautifully designed camp with walls and structures neatly in place. And yet it was a nightmare to be in that place due to shitty camera which just went wild while I was covered with objects. I barely managed to get out of that place!!!

Give is first person view so that I wish I want to build something as complex as my friend. Right now I have strong desire to cut down every tree that I see and live in open plains or on top of mountains due to bad camera.

as you said, discussed before.. no.

I'm a little confused.

Is the OP complaining about the current first person view, or does he not know we already have a first person camera mode?
    The first person view can be accessed by cycling through the camera presets using the 'Home' key.

I do. And its crap = must be re-worked. Sorry about lack of clarity, I hope this helps get things straight.

I believe the home key (one one of the keys near it) switches views and there is a first person view

First person view is messed up. The camera is too far forward and there seems to be something off with the perspective, field of view. Everything looks closer then it is.

Also, The way to get to first person view needs to be changed. Follow the standard of nearly every other game out that allows switching and zooming views. Zooming all the way in should switch, not show you the back of his head. Zooming out should switch back to which ever 3rd person camera view was last used. Then just remove first person from the home key cycle to simplify that.