We need a State of the Game message.

Please may we get a State of the Game update from the Developers?

Many are concerned about their tribe members losing interest. A simple update on how close you think you are to getting a new feature or even just turning something on ( animals) to keep us occupied would be great!

I realize that you are re-working the animal AI, however if animals would spawn much more often then at least many would have something to do while we wait for other needed improvements.

Some of us are very patient. Sadly many are not. And perhaps thats geen in the long run, as those that are really serious about playing here will quietly wait for things and keep busy in the mean time. Those looking for the next new thing, have already gotten bored and moved on. Such is the way of things.

I am NOT complaining. I personally enjoy what the game offers and feel it is only going to get better as each new feature gets turned on. Well done on what we have so far and keep up the Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Please may we get a State of the Game update from the Developers?

Many are concerned about their tribe members losing interest. A simple update on how close you think you are to getting a new feature or even just turning something on ( animals) to keep us occupied would be great!

I realize that you are re-working the animal AI, however if animals would spawn much more often then at least many would have something to do while we wait for other needed improvements.

Some of us are very patient. Sadly many are not. And perhaps thats geen in the long run, as those that are really serious about playing here will quietly wait for things and keep busy in the mean time. Those looking for the next new thing, have already gotten bored and moved on. Such is the way of things.

I am NOT complaining. I personally enjoy what the game offers and feel it is only going to get better as each new feature gets turned on. Well done on what we have so far and keep up the Great work!
    I vote to consolidate this into one of the other hundreds of threads that are exactly like this...

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    I vote to consolidate this into one of the other hundreds of threads that are exactly like this...
    ....qft....

I agree that taking an hour to write a longer state of the game detailing a road map and what the current hang ups are would be a beneficial use of time by the developers.
    I know every hour they spend updating us is an hour that things aren't fixed; but as things go they may tell us in a month or two that everything is fixed and here is a pile of content and there will be 7 players left playing cause of lack of updates.

Seriously if a Dev wants to call me on the phone and dictate an update and give me, even a temporary, mod forum account I will write up a State of the Game and compile follow up questions for them; all free of charge.

I have some experience managing communities...

I'm not sure what more info you all need than Xsyon's updates - they are working on crossing zone borders lag and animal ai.

Yes performance improvements are taking a while. Yes animal ai is important because until they fix/improve that I don't think they are releasing the rest of the animals (since they haven't released them so far). Guess what I bet after they release the new animal ai and the rest of the animals we have another set of performance tweaking.

It would be nice to know what comes after that, but I'm not sure they know - they appear to be working an incredible number of hours each week just getting us to the point we are at. Hopefully after animals are in they can sit down and do a roadmap that can be shared with us - and that it has a realistic time line.

patience is a virtue, Thing's are moving along the dev team are hammering away at the game as we speak

(taking pizza donations click here)

i agree completely bud, although i am very patient our 30+ member tribe has dwindled down to a day to day player base of 2-3 players on at a time. don't get me wrong i love the game and you guys are doing an amazing job but i have to admit i would love to know even a rough estimate of what plans are for future features such as item ql or pvp tweak might come into play. that being said keep up the good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy2292 View Post
    i agree completely bud, although i am very patient our 30+ member tribe has dwindled down to a day to day player base of 2-3 players on at a time. don't get me wrong i love the game and you guys are doing an amazing job but i have to admit i would love to know even a rough estimate of what plans are for future features such as item ql or pvp tweak might come into play. that being said keep up the good work guys!
    You could always look for more dedicated tribe members, that won't bail... just a thought. It would be better than coming here demanding them to write a state of game message. I don't need a wall of text to give my members faith that the game is going to progress. Think about it... really! Do you believe this is it? Do you believe they are doing nothing? Just sit back, wait like the rest of us mature adults and it will come in all due time. Just my 5 Canadian cents.

Xsyon Citizen
    Protip: you can command people not to be bored to tears.

True story.