Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Remove Unarmed Combat or Give it Weapons

Since the latest "balance" for unarmed combat, it is no longer a viable form of combat unless you're fighting naked people who aren't carrying weapons. We did a lot of combat testing prior to the "balancing" of it, and we did agree it was a little too powerful. Now, however, it is completely useless.

I recommend doing one of two things:

1. Remove it as a skill from the game.
    2. Give us unarmed weapons like spiked, metal, or blade gauntlets and increase the damage a little bit.

Additionally, it is possible that unarmed combat is balanced with other weapon types, but that the lame preorder weapons are throwing everything out of whack.

You ever try to kill someone wearing armor with your bare hands? It's pretty tricky, and without a LOT of skill an unarmed person vs an armed person is going to lose. That's why weapons were invented. I say leave it in as a last resort or for if people want to box. I'm not against the idea of having fist weapons, but it certainly shouldn't be a priority.

Or it can be left as a tool for boxing tournaments.

Unarmed combat has been nerfed to shit, plain and simple. It should be restored to something between what it was (significantly OP) and what it is now.

-From a blade user.

I think unarmed combat should buffed, and then make it so wearing armor cuts received unarmed damage down by a huge amount. For one thing its kind of realistic. Go fight someone in a leather outfit, then go fight them wearing a loin cloth. I guarantee their punches will hurt a heck of a lot more when its just your skin taking the blow. Plus it encourages people to use armor. If you are running around naked with a weapon pre-order you can easily be zerged by a bunch of little naked unarmed guys. If you bother to gear up, it won't be near as much of a threat.

Then make it so whenever skill caps or decay is implemented, the points in unarmed combat don't count toward either.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Or it can be left as a tool for boxing tournaments.
    This is totally right.

Uarmed combat dmg is at it should be... in a realistic point of view who the fuck will go unarmed against somebody with axe, you should actually get dmg yourself when punching somebody.

I think the addition of gloves and/or brass knucks could help the unarmed combatant. Atleast something that could be equiped to equal a PO weapon. I also think that maybe a

Quote Originally Posted by robofriven View Post
    You ever try to kill someone wearing armor with your bare hands? It's pretty tricky, and without a LOT of skill an unarmed person vs an armed person is going to lose. That's why weapons were invented. I say leave it in as a last resort or for if people want to box. I'm not against the idea of having fist weapons, but it certainly shouldn't be a priority.
    No, I have never tried to kill someone wearing deer, bear, or raccoon hide armor. Nor have I ever tried to kill someone wearing the bones of an animal. However, I'm pretty sure someone like Bruce Lee could do it, and he wouldn't need a weapon.

If it is going to be a form of combat that's "just for fun," then we shouldn't be able to pump points into it. Everyone should just have the same level of unarmed and leave it at that. I'm not against removing it from the game if this is the case, but I am looking for some consistency. My preferred change would be for them to just change it to something like "Martial Arts," and go from there.

I vote for a Dim Mak thing and kicks in unarmed what push the peoples or make the others fall....or taunt....wahtever....