Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to stop Enitiies taking 10+

Hello all
    After a day of long hard testing i have mannaged to get my entities load time down to 7min and under.

This is how i acomplished it Thanks to some Sujestions from others and tested it myself.

Turn all shadow features off.
    Never play fullscreen i use 1600 x900 or close to that .

with this configuration it takes 5-7 min to load

My only thought is that when the enities load they incorperate all the shaddows aswell hence the large load times.

I hope this helps anyone who is experancing large load times.

Are shadows considered "Entities", since they are client-side?

Xsyon Citizen
    Uhhh.. I highly doubt that turning shadows off causes you to actually download less data... just causes your client to spend less processor time and memory rendering stuff.

I mean, if your theory were correct, then if you logged in with shadows turned off, then turned them on, you'd get a loading screen or some crap like that... or at least a very long freeze...

Kinda doubt it. My expectation is that this game uses a dynamic lighting system and doesn't have to use "shadow maps" or anything like that. Though I could be wrong.

I spent 1 hour doing tests with 10 or so differnt configurations and the night before i ran tests on how much data i was actualy downloading witch was less then 100meg . Though I agree that this fix sounds not right its the best explanation i could come up with with the aviable data and i know of two other people who this has helped. Until a Dev actualy tells us whats the process of the loading entities and what actualy happens and what could be causing it its my best explanation .

I admit its a reach but it seem to have worked and got me playing so i am not complaining.

took me 30 seconds to load entities today. rarely takes longer then a minute.

would i be right in assuming the people with entity loading issues are the people who set up camp next to 30 other tribes and now have to work their way around a maze of holes and odd shaped mounds of terraforming for 5 minutes to find the nearest tree?

Quote Originally Posted by reonhato View Post

would i be right in assuming the people with entity loading issues are the people who set up camp next to 30 other tribes and now have to work their way around a maze of holes and odd shaped mounds of terraforming for 5 minutes to find the nearest tree?
    The terraforming and the player construction is most likely the entities, players have travelled back to there camp when the server is severly lagged and all of the terraforming and construction was gone, only to have it suddenly load after about 5minutes of standing around.

the Baking terraforming changes most likely means that the dynamic changes to the terrain is going to get added into the game zone files so that its now apart of the game world and you have less to load from the server side.

also if someone terraforms a huge part of the male anatomy you probally would be able to see it from the player maps.

Quote Originally Posted by reonhato View Post

What he said im the same. Been this way for weeks.

It loads significantly faster for me if I play in windowed mode vs. full screen. May want to try/test that out.

I imagine changing shadow settings only helps in loading the game with slower computers. I've noticed that even on full shadow settings the distance isn't very far until shadows go from quite detailed to large pixelated style, the change is quite noticable, and any shadows that resolution wouldn't take long to load beyond characters location. As mentioned it's likely to be the terraforming/buildings that's loaded in entities. I live in the mountains and I've only started to get longer entity load since I terraformed my whole base, even now it's less time than loading zones.

I would like to know if sorted piled junk is considered entities. If so there is at least one tribe with a ridiculous amount of it laying around.