Status Bar During the Entities Loading Screen

Hello all

I think this will help alot of people see the progress of this loading stage and be able to see how long it take to load. When the Loading gets to Entities stage have a progress Bar so we can see exactly where the progress of this screen is up to . This will give us a guide on how long its going to take to load and we wont think the game has just crashed after 25min loading and do a restart.

Just a though but it be brilliant to see how and where the entities are loading if i had a progress bar i wouldnt get so angry after 35min of loading the game for my 30min play i have nightly hehe.

Well for me its only takes from 3-5 mins of load time.

Ive talked to Sionate on IRC about this for a bit, and I have no idea why its taking him so long.
    It takes me about 1 to 2mins to load in the first time after that under 60s.

I would think there is something wrong with your computer if you are taking 35mins.

I have 4 computers and the slowest one is only taking 2.5mins to load.
    Its a AMD 3800+, with 4gigs DDR2 800mhz of ram running Windows XP. with a 250GTS video card. 7200RPM hard drive 250Gb.

I have no clue why Sionate is taking as long as it is, only thing I can think of is maybe a virus on his computer. He has a very fast computer too.

Having said that, I see no reason for a loading bard, it already tells you its loading the entities, which is more than enough.

Youll be happy to know DDT mate that i have gotern my load times down to 4-7min This was achived by turning all the shadows.I agree this feature isnt needed now as I now understand the cause for why its taking so long to load the entities page. The lower the visual fruit the quicker the load though this seems to have worked ( I actualy got 2 hours play last night).

Ill keep you posted fullscreen still doesnt load but atleast i can play now .

Memory Management issues

There are clearly some memory management issues with this game. Running a (slightly) sub-minimum computer like I do (2 GHz single core processor, all other hardware at or above minimum) I was surprised I was able to run the game. However, the biggest problem seems to be memory, not the CPU.

Entity loading was ridiculous until I turned off shadows. Running Windows XP, only 3.5 GB of ram are available, and the operating system hogs half of it. That leaves about 1.5 GB available for the program. When it gets close to that, it slows down - and uses less CPU (10-30%).

In-game symptoms include:
    Failure to load or fill stat bars (Health, Faith, Hunger, etc.)
    Zone walls (you can't go from one zone to another - you are stopped at the border by an invisible wall)

These appear to be client side issues, as one can otherwise move about and do things in the game. In most other respects, my (slow) computer runs the game fairly well. I hope the devs can address the memory management issues - if there is a memory leak as well (as seems likely - traversing several zones often ends with me hitting zone walls) it will negatively affect the game in the future.

actually those are server side,
    i run two clients some times and one toon will stay in Zone A and the other goes to Zone B, the toon that went to zone B picks something up and goes back to Zone A where i can see it on the first screen, then that toon clicks on what ever is on there back and drops it be it a log/basket/bundle of scrap and on that screen i have a delay before anything happens. how ever on the toon that stayed in Zone A i see the bundle/log/basket going down immediately.

I can even just start chatting but wont see the replies until im synced up so if i say "hey" on the client that is lagging with actions i see that immediately show up on the client that isn't lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    actually those are server side,
    i run two clients some times and one toon will stay in Zone A and the other goes to Zone B, the toon that went to zone B picks something up and goes back to Zone A where i can see it on the first screen, then that toon clicks on what ever is on there back and drops it be it a log/basket/bundle of scrap and on that screen i have a delay before anything happens. how ever on the toon that stayed in Zone A i see the bundle/log/basket going down immediately.

I can even just start chatting but wont see the replies until im synced up so if i say "hey" on the client that is lagging with actions i see that immediately show up on the client that isn't lagging.
    I think this is the major problem with combat also right now.
    You do an action and the other side sees it before you do.