Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Server downtime

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    I'll look into staggered down times for the maintenance of the server.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Don't do it in NA primetime, or I'll bitch like an Aussie!

Hmm what about earlier? Maybe midnight PDT? That would be :

PDT Midnight - 1am
    EDT 3-4am
    UTC 7-8am
    BST 8-9am (London)
    CEST 9-10am (Paris etc)
    China 3-4pm
    AEST 5-6pm
    NZ 7-8pm

MST and PST people would love that... Or not.

Lol im in Perth and I say just do it same time as Darkfall does 4:30am Pacific time , that is 7:30 pm here and thats a great time i think. just my oppinion

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_rt View Post
    btw ping is ~200-240.. Entity loading has been long for the last couple of days, game is stable and lag free.
    My loading entities when logging into the game is very short, like 1-2 minutes max, ping is stable at about 40-60ms and have minimal lag. Been this way for me for weeks. The only time I get longer than normal 'loading entities' is upon death respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_rt View Post
    i would be happpy enough to have it at this time perhaps 1/3 of weekdays? i know this is probably the slowest time hence why maintenance is scheduled then... but please move it around a bit... and not from 7pm to 9pm +10
    gmt like eve for gods sake...

btw ping is ~200-240.. Entity loading has been long for the last couple of days, game is stable and lag free.

Edit: very gratifying to have a prompt response from a dev on this issue.
    The game is stable and lag free for you, there is minmum population on at that time of day. i know because i normally player between 4:00PM-4:00AM my time, dam i just realized thats half my day, but up until around 10:00pm my time its iffy.

As an Australian I actually find it going down at 6:30 PM here quite good. The timing is perfect to go off and have something to eat. It is a much better time then before when the server was being taken down at times between 9pm and 11pm.

Daylight savings just ending is a help though, if it was not for that then the time would be 7:30 PM, which would get a bit annoying for tue Australians who have come home from work, had dinner with the family and sat down to play only to have the server go down.

Server is currently going down 7pm to 8pm East Coast Time, That's Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

6:30pm is only for Adelaide.

Uh my only question is why the hell do we need maintenance every day???? Baffling. I have never seen a game take down the servers every day. The most I have seen is 2 times a week.

Shoot yourself in the foot much?

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    Uh my only question is why the hell do we need maintenance every day???? Baffling. I have never seen a game take down the servers every day. The most I have seen is 2 times a week.

Shoot yourself in the foot much?
    http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Downtime

There are more games then you think that are doing this, most of the time the downtime is less then 1 hour anyway