Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Server downtime

Server downtime

The server will be down for regular maintenance
    Monday-Friday 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM PST.
    (10:00 AM to 11:00 AM UTC).

Read this just now.. Is it planned that this will continue indefinatley?

If so it is certainly a game breaker for myself and my partner.. I left EVE because of the 1 hour regular downtime right in the middle of my play time. EVERY DAY...

When the server goes down for an hour while your playing the game, EVERY DAY it becomes very frustrating.. you cannot get involved in the game, you find something else to do.. you dont come back to the game after DT, your subscription expires ect..

If regular maintance cannot be rotated around to diffrent time zones, myself and many other Australians will end up leaving the game, not because the game is unenjoyable but because your relaxing gaming experiance to unwind after work is interupted every day..

If there was a 1hr DT on sat/sun it wouldn't worry me because i can play the hours i want on the weekend. during the week i have only 4hr period i can play.. if the server is down for 1 hr in the middle of this period every work day.. i will find something else to ammuse myslef.

which is a pity as the game is great even with broken PVP and no animals etc.

can the DT not be moved according to a schedule? even if AUS ends up copping it 2/3 of the time would be better than this.

+1. Don't make this a neverending downtimes as it kills immersion.

"If regular maintance cannot be rotated around to diffrent time zones, myself and many other Australians will end up leaving the game, not because the game is unenjoyable but because your relaxing gaming experiance to unwind after work is interupted every day..

If there was a 1hr DT on sat/sun it wouldn't worry me because i can play the hours i want on the weekend. during the week i have only 4hr period i can play.. if the server is down for 1 hr in the middle of this period every work day.. i will find something else to ammuse myslef."

I am also an aussie if we can stagger this arround the timezones that would be brilliant I know we arnt your main playerbase but i am sure a compromise can be agreed to. Btw just a question to this aussie above me how arre your ping and loading times like?

Damn those games hosted here in North America! o.O

Add me to the list, I've got two accounts and this is right in the 7pm - 8pm Australian East Coast Primetime. I'd suggest going back to your 6am PDT timeframe.

6am PDT = 11pm AEST = 1pm UTC = 2~3pm Euro Summertime (BTW I'd suggest the Devs learn to tell the difference between PST, PDT, UTC and other time zones.) If in doubt go google it or visit a site like http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

For instance your current message should read 'Monday-Friday 2:00 AM to 3:00 AM PDT (9:00 AM to 10:00 AM UTC) (7:00 PM to 8:00 PM AEST)'

mmogaddict is correct...you took the server down at 0900 GMT/UTC...not 1000

I'll look into staggered down times for the maintenance of the server.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

i would be happpy enough to have it at this time perhaps 1/3 of weekdays? i know this is probably the slowest time hence why maintenance is scheduled then... but please move it around a bit... and not from 7pm to 9pm +10
    gmt like eve for gods sake...

btw ping is ~200-240.. Entity loading has been long for the last couple of days, game is stable and lag free.

Edit: very gratifying to have a prompt response from a dev on this issue.

I'll add to this 9:00 pm to 10m if tonight's downtime is the one to go by? 2 a/c's btw.

Does not effect me too much as I can vary my playtimes but I feel for my Aussi cousin's.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    I'll look into staggered down times for the maintenance of the server.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    groovy muffins