View Poll Results: downtime for the server

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • stagarded maintenance times (they change to keep most people happy)

31 34.07%
  • fixed maintenance times (same time ever day)

60 65.93%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Poll for selective down time

Poll for selective down time.

Vote here for what you prefer as maintenance times.

Saturday & Sunday (should the server have maintenance?)

2. 04-06-2011, 07:56 AM

IF fixed then I would say something like the following would work out best for all the various timezones (other than the kiwis)

*** Northern Hemisphere Daylight/Summertime ***
    PDT Midnight - 1am
    EDT 3-4am
    UTC 7-8am
    BST 8-9am (London)
    CEST 9-10am (Paris etc)
    China 3-4pm
    AEST 5-6pm
    NZ 7-8pm

Note the hours would need to move during Southern Hemisphere Daylight/Summertime (Northern Winter)

The OTHER alternative for fixed times could be:

PDT 6-7am
    EDT 9-10am
    UTC 1-2pm
    BST 2-3pm (London)
    CEST 3-4pm (Paris etc)
    China 9-10pm
    AEST 11pm-Midnight
    NZ 2-3am

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    IF fixed then I would say something like the following would work out best for all the various timezones (other than the kiwis)

PDT Midnight - 1am
    EDT 3-4am
    UTC 7-8am
    BST 8-9am (London)
    CEST 9-10am (Paris etc)
    China 3-4pm
    AEST 5-6pm
    NZ 7-8pm

Note the hours would need to move during Southern Hemisphere Daylight/Summertime (Northern Winter)

you know SWG does all there Daily maint at 4:00am PST even on the euro servers.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    you know SWG does all there Daily maint at 4:00am PST even on the euro servers.
    That's great for the 3 people still playing SWG.

Also SOE is kinda known for some of the worst levels of customer service in the industry. Hence why WoW kinda crapped all over EQ2 and why SOE is struggling and has just sacked 1/3rd their workforce.

Found this post helpful in reaching a decision : http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...erver-downtime

The server downtime could just as easily one day interrupt prime time in my neck of the woods consistently and I'd be bummed. Would rather have it interrupted once in a while now, across the board, than face the prospect of continual interruptions in the future as these folks are facing now.

I think everyone should have to bear with the inconvenience equally. Shift the times.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post

PDT Midnight - 1am
    EDT 3-4am
    UTC 7-8am
    BST 8-9am (London)
    CEST 9-10am (Paris etc)
    China 3-4pm
    AEST 5-6pm
    NZ 7-8pm

The OTHER alternative for fixed times could be:

PDT 6-7am
    EDT 9-10am
    UTC 1-2pm
    BST 2-3pm (London)
    CEST 3-4pm (Paris etc)
    China 9-10pm
    AEST 11pm-Midnight
    NZ 2-3am
    Personally the Other alternative looks best to me. Also I would be sure to schedule it so it doesn't affect Friday or Saturday night for anyone. Not sure how that works with the Other alternative though as there is a date line involved which totally screws with my head.

PDT(PST what ever its call in the us now) 6 or 7 AM would be fine and im here in the states. but that would piss of players from France.

i voted for fixed times aslong as they stay as they are for this week all the time