Xsyon Citizen

One zone per server

Why can't we have one zone per server and just load when you cross over? Would that not get rid of a bunch of lag? I don't mind having to load per zone. How often are you crossing zones anyways?

well 1st, that would require 1,600 servers 0_o

and 2nd, the engine is not currently designed for server nesting. A plan for the future.

I hope I misunderstood you, Virtus.

The engine is not designed for clusters? I assumed Xsyon was only running one machine at the moment, but if the engine is only designed for one piece of hardware... Huge fail.

Did we ever get a response as to whether this means Xsyon is only running on one piece of hardware or not?

New update refers to a "server cluster".

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    New update refers to a "server cluster".
    It's not a huge thing to implement these days and can be done in a relatively short time frame.

some people are living on top of cross nodes here.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    It's not a huge thing to implement these days and can be done in a relatively short time frame.
    So I take it that is a yes? Roughly how long would it take to convert tha geme into multiple hardware? We talking several weeks (4-8 weeks) or several months (4-8 months)?

Would doing this make the server less stable or more stable?

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    So I take it that is a yes? Roughly how long would it take to convert tha geme into multiple hardware? We talking several weeks (4-8 weeks) or several months (4-8 months)?

Would doing this make the server less stable or more stable?
    I'll forward this question to Jordi and he'll try to answer it in him next update announcement.