Stupid question time(really noob player)

Hello all

I have been playing the game for a whole 2 hours yesterday after a crash and 20min to load entities i was back in and off and really enjoying myself .

My question is this what do i have to look for to find Rock as a resource.

I know its a basic question 2 hours last night and i didnt find any.

Any tips guys?

Rock is a resource just like grass or branch. Keep your resource window opened and walk somewhere where the ground texture indicates rock, usually on riversides. Granite and limestone counts as rock, so when it appears in your resource window just click on it and you will start to gather.

Thanks i had like 10 limestone in my pack!!!!! brilliant when i get home from work ill try it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sionate View Post
    Thanks i had like 10 limestone in my pack!!!!! brilliant when i get home from work ill try it out!!
    You're most welcome If you want a campfire, you can build it with your limestone, but to fire it you will need flint and a blade too. Flint can be found on rocky surfaces, it randomly pops up in the resource window. A hunting knife works as a blade.

Anyone have tips on stopping the 34min loading time on entities i have even lowered all my graphics settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sionate View Post
    Anyone have tips on stopping the 34min loading time on entities i have even lowered all my graphics settings.
    Not really. Log-in, go make a sammich.

I got my load times to 6min the secret is to turn off anything to do with shaddows!!!!

The game is still pretty to play 15new tools last night yay.

There have been numerous rumors about turning off certain graphics options allowing for the loading entities to be quicker, just try knocking your settings down and seeing if it helps.

I believe you'll only find flint in areas with granite rocks.

I love the fact that each type of rock looks so different visually. As you explore, you'll start to recognize basalt veins in granite mountains, or limestone veins, etc.

It seems many of these different types of rocks have a secondary resource associated with them. Won't give away the spoilers if you want to have the surprise but keep an eye on that resource tab as you walk around

Have fun and welcome!

ps... if you're having too much trouble tracking down some flint and want a fire to chill by, contact me in game and I'll throw a piece of flint your way if we're close enough. I won't aim for the face though .

CORRECTION: just found flint in another type of rock vein so it doesn't just have to be granite... my bad.

Hey all thankyou for the responces. I actualy deleted my char and made a new one after discovering that i cant build on anything but flatt land and in my tribe land.

Really wish this could be changed so we can build stuff anywhere hehe though this would be a nightmare with junk all over the place.