Thread: A few...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A few...

- Fix jumping. We travel faster by jumping. Sure it uses some stamina, but it doesn't keep me from doing it. I had a personal bunnyhop record of about 25 yards today on flat ground. Also, I just jump everywhere when encumbered.

- Much, much more clip range for characters and all objects. Code sliders into the options for people who can't run more clip. Character clip range should be at least 8x further than it is now. Object (baskets/logs/junk/tents/walls/etc.) clip range should be 983476767607256528x further than it currently is. 784 meters is max for trees? Throw in at least 500 meters for character/object clip.

- Allow us to dye leather and bone.

- Respawn after death should not start us at 75% health and stamina. It should be 10% health and 10% stamina to keep people from rushing.

- Health and stamina need to regenerate at a quicker pace both standing and resting (faster for the latter, of course).

- Food and water need to last longer. Cooking may help with that, I guess.

There is too much downtime with regard to the last 2 bullets. We probably spend at least 25% of our game-time resting.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    - Fix jumping. We travel faster by jumping. Sure it uses some stamina, but it doesn't keep me from doing it. I had a personal bunnyhop record of about 25 yards today on flat ground. Also, I just jump everywhere when encumbered.

- Much, much more clip range for characters and all objects. Code sliders into the options for people who can't run more clip. Character clip range should be at least 8x further than it is now. Object (baskets/logs/junk/tents/walls/etc.) clip range should be 983476767607256528x further than it currently is. 784 meters is max for trees? Throw in at least 500 meters for character/object clip.

- Allow us to dye leather and bone.

- Respawn after death should not start us at 75% health and stamina. It should be 10% health and 10% stamina to keep people from rushing.

- Health and stamina need to regenerate at a quicker pace both standing and resting (faster for the latter, of course).

- Food and water need to last longer. Cooking may help with that, I guess.

There is too much downtime with regard to the last 2 bullets. We probably spend at least 25% of our game-time resting.
    You travel faster by jumping but you can't go as far so you have to rest more often. So it still takes longer to get somewhere, same thing with sprinting

I've heard that most of the inedible plants that you find will be used to make dyes. However I don't know if they'll work on bone. I'm not entirely sure you can dye bone in real life as I've never tried... seems like you can though.

I'm honestly ambivalent about starting health and stam.

As far as eating and drinking go if one day is 3 hours then you should need to eat and drink about every hour in real time to make it match. Gathering food and water should be a large part of anything regarding survival in my opinion.

You might have less downtime waiting for your stamina to regen if you didn't jump everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by robofriven View Post
    You travel faster by jumping but you can't go as far so you have to rest more often. So it still takes longer to get somewhere, same thing with sprinting

I've heard that most of the inedible plants that you find will be used to make dyes. However I don't know if they'll work on bone. I'm not entirely sure you can dye bone in real life as I've never tried... seems like you can though.

As far as eating and drinking go if one day is 3 hours then you should need to eat and drink about every hour in real time to make it match. Gathering food and water should be a large part of anything regarding survival in my opinion.

You might have less downtime waiting for your stamina to regen if you didn't jump everywhere.
    I agree about the food and water, but one of man's earliest things that we did is find a way to bottle/barrel water. There is no need we should have to run to the river every hour especially for people that are crafting.

I travel by jumping while encumbered. It's much faster. I bunnyhop down hills like I'm playing DF. It's much faster.

Eating and drinking this much in a computer game is simply tedious. The current downtime is not needed. We rest, eat, and drink almost as much as we play.

100% agreed with the OP. Solid suggestions.

Bone in real world tribes is ususally, burned and charr'd to give it a black appearance, left in the sun to be bleached by natural light, or have symbols/words etched into them via different methods, normally they arent dyed to specific colours as the technology/concept is available to the tribes, nore would they see the point as a pink skull isnt very intimidating. Unless your homophobic.

Toolcrafters can make buckets. Buckets are used to make mortar ONLY. Why can't we put water only in a bucket?

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Yes, I really want them to increase view range as well. Really makes having a high watch tower a lot less usefull when you can only see people when they are close up anyway. Also looks terrible when exploring and you see building/walls appear and disapear constantly when you can still see parts of the camp, or dirt walls that suddenly grow in front of you as you get closer.