Question Who is more 'unneighborly'?

I knew this was eventually going to happen with my location, but now that it has I am curious how others in the community react.

I have a homestead up in the hills in a pretty weird location, big slope.. no flat land.. but nice view and lots of trees of course. There is a location a few minutes run away from me that several times people have claimed but abandoned shortly there after. Once again someone has claimed it and proceeded to begin building. The issue I have is the player has of course ignored all the trees on and around their site and cut several of the trees close to my property, but just left stacks of logs sitting. It has been 2 days now and I am considering just taking the stacks and making boards since I will need them soon anyway.

Who would be worse in this situation... me for taking the timber, or the player for cutting it and just leaving it? I myself only cut one tree at a time and gather everything before moving on, just my nature.

Now I want to emphasize I am not mad at this player, it is a free game world. I do not own anything outside my HS and am not one of those players that will kill someone for doing this, but figure what the hell... two days... free timber.

Don't hesitate, take the logs. They left it there so they might just train logging skill. No one can expect that other people won't touch logs for 2 days if they just lay around.

if you see a tree that has been downed just cut it to logs and haul them back to camp.

The time you spent making this post is time you could have spent hauling logs back to base

Quote Originally Posted by LoginServerDown View Post
    The time you spent making this post is time you could have spent hauling logs back to base
    Oh I already did LSD... which by the way I could not help but use that abbreviation for your name

Just was curious on the mindset of players.

Agreed with the others, take the logs.

I believe a small amount of time (Like maybe a few hours), the logs would be public for you. Meaning they shouldnt be chopping down tons of trees making log stacks for hours / days and expect them to not be used by others.

If they were really wanting the logs, they would cut a tree or a few trees then haul the logs. Not cut down 10s of trees and let them sit for days.

TLR If they are there for hours+ take them.

I wouldn't have waited two days, maybe 15 mins if they never came back.

it's a ffa game- if you see it you can take it as long it's not inside someones tribe zone.

Quote Originally Posted by biophazer242 View Post
    Oh I already did LSD... which by the way I could not help but use that abbreviation for your name

Just was curious on the mindset of players.
    I like LSD better then LoginServerDown