Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    These are really nice ideas, would make an event a lot more fun.
    It takes like 1 and half an hour to run from the northest point of the lake down to south, so it really takes a while.

It takes much less if you swim. Just learned that yersterday

I ran from 65X to 815, but I logged off cause my ping wouldn't change for 5-10 mins. Logged back on and I was at my homestead. Quick travel ftw .

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Even if there are no zone crossing lag and crashes, the spawning mechanic kills the events like this imo. The goal of an event is to provide fun for players, how is that fun to run there for 1 hours then being teleported back in 5 secs ?
    Precisly the reason I have advocated to allow ghost to respawn in the area immediatly surrounding the corpse within a certain amount of time as a temp solution until player ressing
    has been implemented into the game via a shrine or wandering healer.
    A position you have battled me against on the forums for weeks now.

In your example if you could have ghost walked 20 or 30 steps away and waited a few seconds for the mob to target someone else or loss agro onyourself you could have ressed and kept playing. The only thing you might have lost if someone was able to run up and loot something before you ressed yourself.. but that would have been hard becuase they would be having to fend off the same thing that killed you to begin with.

I like temporary bind spots that would be a neat thing to implment as well... or the ability to bind in friendly tribal areas... however that would require alot more things that the devs just can't do... they already have a ton on their plate and are falling way behind.