Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I wasnt arguing that point coca, I agree it needs to be looked into. but as far as IF its the lag causer, or even a major part of it (it could be related, but say 10%, so wouldnt you want to look at the 90% of the issue first?)

either way, until its found and verified by devs that bags cause all/none/some of the lag, that argument point is invalid for either of us to use as a reason to expedite the bag looting fixes.

if you are truly concerned about it, quietly create a bug submission for it, and wait for a response. sure you might say "but that takes forever to get a reply to".

sure it might, but no longer than posting on the forums.
    for the mods to see, to direct to the guides, to direct to the devs..for the devs to reply to the mods, to let you know (if that chain of communication even makes it the full round trip).

I see if as if you truly have an issue, concern...just like at a job:
    You can complain directly to the ones involved thought the correct channels, or you can complain at the water fountain to your co -workers (forums) and hope the boss catches a bit of it while passing by.

one gets the job done with little effort as possible, the other takes a lot more effort, but does work well to publicly gossip and announce to your co-workers your disdain for things out of their control.

but I compelety agree bags outside of totem area, should be fixed to have some mechanic to open them.
    be it a timer, or after person that drops it leaves farther than X meters away (they cant guard it if they cant see it).

Im right there with you Coca.
    Im of the opinion that it should take time to drop a totem, and time to remove one.
    Im also of the opinion that containers in the wild off your totem should be public use.

Here, I deicded to spend 2 hours searching old posts in order to get something official since everyone would rather say I was a dumbass or lazy or the guides would rather tell you what they thought instead of asking a dev for clarification.. this is what was stated in the past officially but hasn't worked since launch.

Xsyon Update July 26

Update July 26:

A new update has been patched out.

This update includes:

Container and object permissions. Currently these are set to what players can expect within their own tribal zone. Once tribes are set up, object permissions outside tribal zones will allow for stealing.

Improvements to Creature AI.

Fixes for over 50 bugs including collision failures across zones, problems with armor parts, slots in the 3rd and 4th belt pouches and minor interface problems.

Lots of other important secret stuff in progress.

Permissions for existing objects and container might not work correctly. I am planning on a full character wipe this week so that we can make sure the permission settings are working properly.

Patch oct 8

Notes:

The tribe panel is very basic at the moment. You can create a tribe totem and claim territory.

Leaders can not abandon their tribe. This will be changed in the next feature update which will include more tribe and rank settings.

Tribes require only 5 members right now.

You should be safe from attacks and being looted if you are in your own tribe territory. You are not safe in other tribe's territories. We will change this soon based on tribe settings to allow allies to be safe.

Oct 19

Deleting a character should properly free objects in containers

Nov 10

Tribes are removed if the last player abandons tribe.

LOL, funny. again. interesting opinions about why people leave that game.
    and both coca and dxwarlock are wrong somehow....or at least not fully correct.

1. why should people leave the game just because the border zone crossing is a bit laggy? its annoying for sure, but no gamebreaker.

2.why are crafters needs satisfied with the current system? crafting is a pure joke. childrens play. i admit, its the only thing that can be done ingame, but it definately does not make any crafter stay ingame. its fubar, just as pvp is. even more. it ruined the economy, the value of things, yes even the purpose for looting. so crafting even affects pvp!

haven't you heard?

pvp is not a focus of prelude.

you will keep preparing...to see another player one day...and you will like it!

Container and object permissions. Currently these are set to what players can expect within their own tribal zone. Once tribes are set up, object permissions outside tribal zones will allow for stealing.
    Seems the problem is that stealing is not implemented yet.

You are not safe in other tribe's territories. We will change this soon based on tribe settings to allow allies to be safe.
    This sounds good, I forgot that this is planned.

I don't know if the bag permissions outside of tribe zones is a bug or not, if its intended or not. But to get rid of the bags we need an option to destroy them or a very fast decay (total break in like 1-2 days) outside of tribe zones, stealing from bags won't solve anything lag-wise.

yeah coca guy, spends more time on forums then he does ingame ...
    saw coca getting mad on local cuz he couldnt kill a guy that was scavenging , instantly called him a 'sploiter' followed up by more drama talk.

Whats your proof that the container thing is a lag issue ???

Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    yeah coca guy, spends more time on forums then he does ingame ...
    saw coca getting mad on local cuz he couldnt kill a guy that was scavenging , instantly called him a 'sploiter' followed up by more drama talk.

Whats your proof that the container thing is a lag issue ???
    the forums are more entertaining than the game.

he doesn't need to give proof because YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE PROOF!

i like mud huts.
    and hats.

in true Dubanka fashion, +1 to post count with +0 to thread contribution.

I have to agree with both, coca and dxwarlock. I only started playing this weekend, but pvp is idd broken and no real reward for it, whereas crafting has absolutelly no risk tied to it. Recieving some info on whether this will change at all to know if a person wants to spend more time ingame or not is a valid concern.
    I agree that atm, the fact that there are no animals, a lack of trees, and massive lag/delay when switching zones is more of a gamebreaker atm for me. Ive explored around many areas, i started 4 different times in different areas and explored the mountains looking for some secluded area to setup my homestead (thats a LOT of hours exploring) and have yet to see an animal. As for the cointainers being a lag issue... i believe we can all agree that it is definetly not helping the issue.