Are you a small tribe?

We all know smaller tribes have a harder time getting what they need.

Apache is making life easier for the locals buy providing a service!

We sell almost everything in game using Dollar Bills, Quarters and Pennies you find from scavenging.

Live near Apache and you will thrive as a smaller tribe!

We are in Zone 897 Pos: 900 x 1000

If you need anything just as in local.

An example of just a few of our prices:

Limestone Bricks: .50 each
    Mortar .75 each
    Basket $15 or 10 for $100
    Rainbow Trout: $1 each

I will post a full price guide when it's ready.

You feeling alright? u went from hellbent on destruction to friendly like i am. Careful wat ur drinking in that lake!

And others need to be careful trading with Apache also.

I ask in general chat if anyone have shovel or pick recipes.

I do , says an apache member... I swim across the lake to trade 450 nails.

I get there and he offers as a trade .. a shovel scraper. I say this looks like a tool recipe not a shovel ... he says the names are backwards.

Perhaps he feels I was ignorant. Perhaps he is actually ignorant that tools are not weapons and that a shovel is a weapon. I do not know.

I DO know that I will not be lured to trade with them again. If any store pulled a bait and switch on me I would never shop there again. I won't be trading with Apache again.

Too bad too... as trade emissary for our tribe, this was my first contact on setting up trade relations with our two tribes.

[QUOTE=Mactavendish;76566]And others need to be careful trading with Apache also.

I ask in general chat if anyone have shovel or pick recipes.

I do , says an apache member... I swim across the lake to trade 450 nails.

I get there and he offers as a trade .. a shovel scraper. I say this looks like a tool recipe not a shovel ... he says the names are backwards.

Perhaps he feels I was ignorant. Perhaps he is actually ignorant that tools are not weapons and that a shovel is a weapon. I do not know.

I DO know that I will not be lured to trade with them again. If any store pulled a bait and switch on me I would never shop there again. I won't be trading with Apache again.

Too bad too... as trade emissary for our tribe, this was my first contact on setting up trade relations with our two tribes.[/QUOTE]

this was a mistake and not done on purpose, we've already offered his nails back and he declined.

After talking with Geronimo the leader of Apache, he assures me it was a mistake.
    I did not have any issues with Apache nor am I trying to stir up trouble. I am just looking for honorable trading.

I will try doing trades with these folks 1 more time. And let everyone know how it goes.

I will suggest that anyone, including myself needs to look online and become familiar with what recipes are tools and what are weapon.

Even though the recipe in question had the word shovel in it... a shovel is a weapon recipe. What was traded was a tool. A bit of advance research would have avoided this entire episode.

Just curious as to why you would trade something of value for something of no value? Unless you somehow think the economy will one day grow to using those as a means of trade.

I don't keep dollars in real life. They are pointless because they aren't useful except to trade. In this game like real life, quarters and dollars are not backed by anything. We can always inflate them as we please.

Just like if (when) the SHTF in real life, we would not use fiat currency again for quite some time....many many years until civilization was rebuilt.

Relating to this game, the fact that anyone can just scavenge something with no value (all you can do is jingle it or light a fire..but you can't even do that with it in this game) is essentially the same as printing bills. The money supply can inflate far faster than the rate of the population inflating. This is no good.

The only way this is useful is like it is in real life. It is light weight and if everyone accept it as valuable then it will work. However, that doesn't change the fact that it is unconfirmed as to whether or not their is a limited amount of bills, quarters and pennies out there. Or if it is indeed realistic enough for each SQUARE of the game world to have an RNG chance at finding currency and a MAX number of currency items per square that once it is gone, is gone for good.

The only way I could see a use is if the population became so big and so many dollars, quarters and pennies are found. But in real life there are more dollars (individual bills regardless meaning a 1 dollar bill and 20 are worth the same in terms of REAL value) than quarters and pennies so how do we know the dollar won't be worth less than the quarter and penny? Which would totally confuse people on the pricing system (although it is not likely that he gave dollars better RNG than pennies and quarters).

It may be a little early to start but if it proves to be in the future that this is the system we use (highly unlikely...we will probably have caravans and such to transport goods. That's far more realistic than humanity returning to unsound money)