Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cancelled Subscriptions

Myself and four others just cancelled our subs, sorry but this isn't even on par with Alpha UO.
    I'll still be watching the progress and hoping for promised features.

Good luck.

Cookie?
    Bye!

Edit: Sorry, maybe that was a bit terse. What's the point of announcing that you've cancelled your subs? Sorry to see people leaving a game that they knew wasn't fully fleshed out when they pre-ordered (I'm assuming you pre-ordered by your join date of Feb, like mine) but would be growing and developing over the coming months. Hope you find something enjoyable to play in the meantime. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Killarai View Post
    Myself and four others just cancelled our subs, sorry but this isn't even on par with Alpha UO.
    I'll still be watching the progress and hoping for promised features.

Good luck.
    You're right! its not on par with alpha UO, it far surpases alpha UO, currently it is even surpassing Launch UO in regards to playability. Sounds to me like you are looking for a game that doesnt exist anymore.

This troubles me deeply, and affects me at a personal level.

Ciao.

who was this again?...

you really needed to make a thread for it? a simple mail to the team of the game wouldn't have sufficed to let them know your feeling on the state of the game? you had to justify it by publicly announcing it to people that don't know you?

reminds me of the guy leaving the party, all the while walking towards to door making sure to let everyone know hes leaving because "the party sucks". the ones that would agree with you already left the party, the ones staying around are too busy liking the party to care

either way, I truly hope it turns into something you like, or at least you find something you like to replace it.

any members leaving is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DocEllis View Post
    You're right! its not on par with alpha UO, it far surpases alpha UO, currently it is even surpassing Launch UO in regards to playability. Sounds to me like you are looking for a game that doesnt exist anymore.
    DocEllis think about your statement. How many years ago was UO made? Look at the technology? Also consider there were very few MMO's to model launches after. This day and age, with all these MMO's devs/producers should realize, bad launches are hard to recoup from.

Quote Originally Posted by momodig View Post
    DocEllis think about your statement. How many years ago was UO made? Look at the technology? Also consider there were very few MMO's to model launches after. This day and age, with all these MMO's devs/producers should realize, bad launches are hard to recoup from.
    I myself am a developer. I understand how infrastructure and technology both work, and hinder us overall. You cannot simulate no matter how hard you try the sheer number of people connection, completing actions etc.

Also it seems you are not looking at what the OP said and how he stated it was worse than UO alpha, a state at which I highly doubt he/she was even privy to.

man all these developers playing in this game, it seems we have attracted every MIT graduate and game dev into one game somehow...

If only they put their minds together and increased the rate at which patches are made

There's like three programmers working on this game.