Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroam View Post
    Ok so next week , lag gone, and trees are a rare commodity. animals back. i dont think thats enough to get ppl to log back in for a long period of time. Once the lag is fixed they need to start the war content where u can take over other homesteads if ur the bigger tribe through force etc. will that happen next week, hmm?>
    Hopefully won't and I don't even see why would you want that. That would result the game to have 2-3 zerg tribes and new players wouldn't have any options only to join one or quit. 2-3 huge tribes would make a very boring game imo. They need to implement a very well balanced war mechanic to avoid this.

Xsyon has so much to offer that other wannabe "sandbox" mmos dont. Once the lag issues are fixed (zone lag fix incoming) and some core features like PvP are redone and working properly this game might attract more people then the servers can handle. ^^

I'm confident, as long as the Devs keep on working their asses off to make their mmo sandbox dream come true.

I just hope this doesn't turn out to be Roma Victor II. I played that, loved the concept, but many features promised were not delivered before it went belly up. It had a good long run for what it was though, and i hope it taught people some things.

Ok so next week , lag gone, and trees are a rare commodity. animals back. i dont think thats enough to get ppl to log back in for a long period of time. Once the lag is fixed they need to start the war content where u can take over other homesteads if ur the bigger tribe through force etc. will that happen next week, hmm?>
    I'm going out on a limb to say you have not thought of the repercussions for having such a feature. And is it pretty safe to say if that is what you are looking for then xsyon is not what you are after. Just those 4 features alone would bring in more people, you overestimate the how demanding a mature playerbase is.

A more thought out system for war would have been:

As tribes reach a certain size, The are given the ability to place outpost to expand their land. The more members in the tribe (we'll say for every 20) they are given a new totems to place to expand their borders. these outpost would not have a safe zone and if another tribes outpost is next to it, it would be an option to take it over, otherwise it would just be destroyed and reverted back to public land.

There, now we have a functional theory for tribe warfare, That will have little to no impact on new players and and players that don't want to war just because you do. The bottom line is, if you think this game will fail and you don't want to waste time or money on it, then quit. Throwing out ideas is fine, but if they are half-baked and demanded "or else" keep them to yourself. It makes it seem as though you don't care for the future of the game, just your own selfish impulses for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Hopefully won't and I don't even see why would you want that. That would result the game to have 2-3 zerg tribes and new players wouldn't have any options only to join one or quit. 2-3 huge tribes would make a very boring game imo. They need to implement a very well balanced war mechanic to avoid this.
    This is so untrue. Yes, there would be some larger "zerg" tribes, but this game absolutely needs to force people to deal with each other. Solo tribes SHOULD be able to be run over by larger tribes. Obviously, the mechanics of siege warfare are completely unknown, but with proper defensive mechanics a small(er) tribe should be able to defend themselves adequately from attack.

If we aren't going to get proper siege warfare until after prelude is over, then there needs to be some kind of pvp/gvg activity started with real consequences. As it stands right now, I am very very pessimistic about this game - will probably desub and maybe check back in 6 months.

i wait end of free period to make a choice but if the game rest the same i can say only one tging good bye.

its april 13th 2011 now c'mon...

Theres not enough players, the world is way too big. Resources are plentiful everywhere.

Why not just steal the addictive concepts from runescape at least? thats a simplistic game.

Make the maps small, just have mining ores, like iron, tin and then rare stuff like mithril, adaminte, like in rs.

Problem solved? its the only chance u got or this game is dead. just cut the map size by 3/4. and add rare mining crops.
    LOL the world is too big? What are you a smurf?

The game world is small, and land locked to make it worse.

Resources are plentiful.... NOW... wait a few weeks, I know myself I am running 10min one way just to get trees that arent on someones totem.

If you want Runescape, GO PLAY RUNESCAPE!

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    That is a fact of LIFE.

You either are in a nation or you are dead. Welcome to art imitating life.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    I'm going out on a limb to say you have not thought of the repercussions for having such a feature. And is it pretty safe to say if that is what you are looking for then xsyon is not what you are after. Just those 4 features alone would bring in more people, you overestimate the how demanding a mature playerbase is.
    This is the most trueth in this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by clangedon View Post
    i wait end of free period to make a choice but if the game rest the same i can say only one tging good bye.

Would you please use one of the many free online translators? http://translate.google.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post

That is a fact of LIFE.

You either are in a nation or you are dead. Welcome to art imitating life.
    Lol if life was so much fun we wouldn't play games. I don't want a game which imitates life.