Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    well what zone are you in because i have killed at least 6-7 animals after update i wasent even trying to find them.But i also know where they all spawn in my area so.

I'm in zone 854, checked 855 and 895 to = 1 raccoon, now i am currently in 894 and have found a lot ... a lot of stumps. From what i read on the forums there are a lot of people finding animals, now there are 2 options :
    1. they are lying about finding lots of animals
    2. the system is really broken since a few zones have lots of animals and others none

There is no difference between spawning now and a regular server reset.

Scoured 6 zones at various elevations and found only 2 bears.

@ Devs:

Thx for the new patch and the improvements it brought. Tribe members of mine seem to have quite a lot animal encounters and the zone lag seems indeed to be gone. *thumbs up*

Looking forward for the upcoming additions to the game as mentioned by you guys.

Faster tree growth and surface generation system. This will include scrap pile generation.
    Good we need more trees. Scrap pile generation, glad to know I was right.

Todays patch seems to work for me also. I get no zone lag, and I've encountered quite a few animals. Plenty for my taste :P... Looking forward to future updates, and I'm glad to hear about the trees and scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by thurgond View Post
    Scrap pile generation is in the "In Progress" section. So to answer your question, it means nothing in today's update.

Eventually, it means that if you discard enough junk in the same spot, it will become a junk spot.

Ravelli
    I Like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrobert View Post
    I'm in zone 854, checked 855 and 895 to = 1 raccoon, now i am currently in 894 and have found a lot ... a lot of stumps. From what i read on the forums there are a lot of people finding animals, now there are 2 options :
    1. they are lying about finding lots of animals
    2. the system is really broken since a few zones have lots of animals and others none

The problem is, players think the changes affect the spawns. It doesn't, all it affects is the AI. So no more animals running through walls, up steep cliffs, When to hide/fight or flee. Spawning has not changes a bit. I got this info straight from the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    The problem is, players think the changes affect the spawns. It doesn't, all it affects is the AI. So no more animals running through walls, up steep cliffs, When to hide/fight or flee. Spawning has not changes a bit. I got this info straight from the staff.
    This...

No one said that monster spawn rate would increase. When they finish getting the other animals in they won't have to increase monster spawn rate (hopefully).

I believe it means the junk piles will regenerate. I dont really agree with that, they should deplete and stay depleted, making it necessary in the future to be able to gather raw resources, clay, ore, whatever, and create things from scratch, not from scrap.