Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    the simplistic system would be adequate from a temporary stop gap standpoint (we all entered the game knowing 'the deal')...assuming sync and whatnot didn't totally screw it up...if there was a reason for pvp besides random gankage.

There is no reason to pvp.
    Most people in the world are naked. Bags are not lootable (assumign permissions set), so loot is not a reason...and
    Crafting has very little value (see months old PO weapon discussion) besides vanity
    There is no reason to come out of the safety of your mud hut to make you vulnerable to pvp.
    Resources are plentiful (Excepting wood, but you mainly need that for weapon handles...see PO weapon discussion) and don't induce conflict.
    You can't pick a fight...because the other party just dosn't have to partake (it might as well be a duel system)

The mechanics to pvp are really secondary...definitely important, but secondary, to having a reason to pvp.

ffa is not enough. there needs to be a point.
    I'm very pessimistic that this will every be anything other than simmudhut.
    I have to agree with you. Even if people weren't running around naked, there's little reason to take anything. Right now without skill degradation it's so easy for people to work on so many skills everyone can make anything they'll ever need. Basically, nothing, except baskets, is hard for anyone to come by.
    PO weapons need to go, having fights with people is so much more enjoyable when you're both using crafted weapons.
    They need to let tribes flip the switch and become open for attack if they wish. I think there's more than enough people who would invite combat, even in this simplistic form, to make it entirely viable.

good to know VD's ideas of the game will never come true.....theyre just big mouth like coca
    once they lose or fail its a start for xploiting and cheating posts ...and lotsa QQ

Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    good to know VD's ideas of the game will never come true.....theyre just big mouth like coca
    once they lose or fail its a start for xploiting and cheating posts ...and lotsa QQ
    yeah that's us.

where's your mud hut?

sorry i dont speak moron

edit: why whould i tell you knuckleheads that ? That aside youre mouthworking on forums 24/7...doubt you guys even exist ingame(saying that by knowing where your mud hut is and never bumped into any of you)

sorry i dont speak moron

edit: why whould i tell you knuckleheads that ? That aside youre mouthworking on forums 24/7...doubt you guys even exist ingame(saying that by knowing where your mud hut is and never bumped into any of you)
    You seem to be doing so rather fluently.

well i caught parts of that disease - i admit, but at least ive the ability to better myself in that department :P
    ps: seriously how much time has someone to spend on forums to get a 300-600 count??
    i mean im at least as long here as Dubanka dude yet my posts a far from the 50's. But wait ...i mentioned that before somewhere

Since when does post count have anything to do with anything? Just another useless statistic in the world. Just like real life some people talk more than others, and not all posts are in this section of the forums, theres parts where you help others and other parts just to shoot the breeze, most likely temur the only place you post is in Prelude. Where as others with a higher post count might actually use other parts of this forum like.... Recruitment threads/tribe discussions etc. So basically crying about someones post count in thread about combat issues, is a good definiton of moronic imo.

Snap, Crackle and Pop. And back on Topic, If combat aint fix'd along with more content, the possible 100 people still playing this game, might disappear quite rapidly, specially with massive amount of new game titles comming very soon this year. Atm im having more fun with Minecraft than i am with Xsyon. Hell theres more people on a single minecraft server than there is on Xsyon these days.... Its kinda sad.

Oh, demondo...I'll try my best to find you some minecraft forums to hang out in!

Welcome back! =P

And Temur, Dub had a valid point. If you're gonna troll him atleast do it when he deserves trolling. o.O

I'm pretty sure they mean in the next couple of weeks those things will be in/fixed. Combat is something they have already said they are working on. I don't think that was meant to be a complete list of everything long term that they are working on.

sorry i dont speak moron

and i dont speak [censored] (synonym for kitty), but that doesnt stop me from trying to converse with one such as yourself.

you are correct, our in game existence is basically just me now. I'm on between the hours...typically...2100-0030 nightly at the GLORIOUS VD MUDHUT located in zone 700: 457-570...if you ever feel like visiting.

and the post count. Glad you noticed...a large part of my ego is based on my post count being exponentially larger than yours...chicks dig large post counts, and when they say the size of your post count doesnt matter...they're lying to make you feel better.

but mostly my post count is inflated from 'fighting' a carebear contingent that has been intent on removing or dumbing downt he pvp element of the game...and seeing as the peaceniks outnumber the ubergankers, even at release, significantly, there was a lot more to talk back to. Currently, mostly everything has been said and most responses could pretty much be done completely from cut and paste of previous discussions, if I had the patience to do it. But yeah...my post count, big. Your post count little. envy much. seriously...stop looking at my post count, it's not that kinda party.

Dub had a valid point
    I usually do...just depends on if you agree with me or not