Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recouping the angries

Xsyon,

I have a suggestion. Like many i look forward to this weekend after a long week of work to sit down, relax, open a cold beer and work some skills. Due to the frequent client crashes, time warps, and what not many in my tribe are outright angry and ready to quit. I'd know you'd save me as a customer if you gave me some kind of recoup for the loss of enjoyment of game that i paid for.

I have a example;
    Give us a skill up in one chosen trade skill with all recipes. (besides the secrete recipes of course)

Allow us to sell items from our bases asap. (seems pretty common sense here) since there is no currency let players be imagionative. Like i can put a full suite of grass plate armor up and request 100 mortor, nails, or fish)

I would also request we stop changing some of the simple things that currently work (like changing the craft requirements for mortor) and focus on just adding content. If its not bugged or broken put it on the back burner.

Like i'm sure we would all like to see war dec's unleashed. I would like the ability to squish one of my nieghbors, or get my ass kicked trying. I'm a little confused as to this game having a naked guy with a shovel do so much damage vrs a toon with full grass plate armor however. Can we tweak that? (all that grass picked and weaved for what?) lol?

Also more of a warning about this game being not being fully developed on purchase page might save some headache. I do enjoy this game. I hope they don't nerf the risk vrs reward but build on it. For example the naked guy with a shovel risked crap. He should do crap damage and be extremely vulnerable compare to a guy with ful armor on and crafted weapons.

Please keep magic crap and non crafted stuff out of the game and make all the game weapons and armor balanced as possible to keep the crafting fun.

I would also recomend getting people's names crafted on what they make. for example "crafted by bob". Make it more personable and what not.

Increase respawn rate on tree's or give us the ability to plant them on tribal terriroty please.

Increase respawn rate of stripped scavange piles please.

Let us dye armor and baskets asap ( i can't ever remember which basket is what)

Make baskets of the same type stackable like the logs are.

architecture recipe and skill gains is redicalusly stupid hard. If you don't need to find a recipe to make the whole set or whatever just keep it simple (example, you get to make a teepee at skill 25)

Adding your level up points should unlock basic recipes (i got shafted on that one)

Decay rate for tribes, if none touch the totem or haven't logged on for over a week/month (whatever) there totem should vanish like a fart in the wind and all items on there property be fully lootable.
    That would get people exploring.

Did i mention; Allow us to sell items from our bases asap. (seems pretty common sense here) since there is no currency let players be imagionative. Like i can put a full suite of grass plate armor up and request 100 mortor, nails, or fish)

I'm sure all the people that covet the fabrics section at walmart love the 4000 types of cloth and cloth scraps. But keeping it as simple as the grass would work for me. Cloth is cloth, scraps is scraps. Same with bones, i don't care if its racoon bones or bear bones, a bone is a bone. Probably help with server memory and crashing.

Rares for decor to add to your tribal base from scavanging or loot would be a good idea. (make sure to make them RARE).

My two cents. Hope it is worth more than the cash i have scavanged.

Thanks
    KO

I honestly don't think much less than a working game with at least the systems that were in-game in beta turned on is going to fix the game for most people. It's not going to change their minds to give more free time for a game that they aren't interested in playing at all.

That said, I understand the team is working like mad to fix the issues...it's just unfortunate that it feels like one tiny step forward, then a huge crashing stumble backwards...

I honestly think Jordi should rethink the sub situation, and if he does need to get the subs going, perhalps reduce it while Prelude is running, to something like $5/ month.

$15 / month for a game that is a glorified alpha is pushing things. We are customers not investors. If he wants to treat us as investors I'd like some shares please.

Quote Originally Posted by Malivius View Post
    That said, I understand the team is working like mad to fix the issues...it's just unfortunate that it feels like one tiny step forward, then a huge crashing stumble backwards...
    To get a buyer base to stay they have to be competitive. Lowering the price would assist in competitiveness. Customer service and value (read revised post) would aslo help keep client base. I know i'd stay if they can make all those changes i posted in less than a month or two. But i have to wait 6 months for half of it and/or they make it weak by making safe area's, or making it more like other mmopg's . They need to stay different and player driven. I think they have some great concepts going just need extreme haste in kicking it into gear. Otherwise why would i not just quit and come back in a year when its finished?

KO

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsodyssey View Post

Did i mention; Allow us to sell items from our bases asap. (seems pretty common sense here) since there is no currency let players be imagionative. Like i can put a full suite of grass plate armor up and request 100 mortor, nails, or fish)
    You can do that by selling items through quests.

Also more of a warning about this game being not being fully developed on purchase page
    Amen to that!
    Would of been handy 6 months ago knowing just how "Pre-Beta" this lemon was at the time of purchase, rather than relying on the glossy "happy world" images on the home page.

Xsyon half a year ago......2/10
    Xsyon today.........3/10

Another MMO bites the dust. Seems to be the norm these days.

.....and yes, I will close the door on my way out!

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    You can do that by selling items through quests.
    Yeah I was going to say. . this can already be done. There is just no way for anyone to know where to go to get what they need. People will have to be social. . talk in local. I trade a lot with a few people around me. We all know what each other produce etc.

I sincerely hope they don't have the gall to charge us 15$/month for the game as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Yeah I was going to say. . this can already be done. There is just no way for anyone to know where to go to get what they need. People will have to be social. . talk in local. I trade a lot with a few people around me. We all know what each other produce etc.
    Its broke. You can't trade baskets, pouches, and needs some kind of signal to tell if it has a quest available other than someone running to totum. I love the concept. Hate the execution.

Lets make the game a World of Warcraft Clone. The World needs more of those.