Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Wow! *Applaud*

xyberviri, very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Very well said, xyberviri.
    Its a lovely rant indeed, but seems rather random.

lol, ppl don't wanna hear anything positive about the game. thousands of negative threads, and a very few positive threats and the negative ppl have to come and bring this one down. Let it be, some ppl are enjoying the game. I'll get into the spirit of the thread and list what I consider positive. I'll get flamed for it, cause i'm saying something I I I view as positive, but hey here goes.

I like the terraforming, I've been able to build some neat structures, hope they add more options so that I can build even neater ones.

I like the variety of crafted items. I've been in a few games where everyone looks the same. In Xsyon I see more ppl with different looks, that its fun to see what ppl are gonna cobble together

I like the fact that I believe the devs are actually trying to improve things and listening to the community. I've been in many indie games where I didn't feel that was the case.

I enjoy this community more than most. Usually you can discuss things without too much flaming or ppl being @##@$@# @#$#@@$# 5@$@$#. (whatever those symbols mean, I see them sometimes when ppl are trying to say bad stuff

I enjoy the fact that I know (faith) that more features are upcoming and I'll be here when they first hit.

I enjoy the prospect of the economy beginning to develop as tribes set monetary systems and politics are already starting to happen.

I like that quests are player generated. They aren't used much at this time, but I like the capability.

thats all for now. Now if someone starts a thread on 'some negative things about Xsyon, I can add some stuff there also.

Xsyon Citizen
    The refund policy contributes greatly to the presence of people complaining on the forums.

The way the policy currently works, you can't refund your account unless you're really sure you will never want to play Xsyon, even months down the road when it might actually be working, because they delete your character if you refund.

Thus there really is no "Give me my money back and I will pay for the game when it is actually working" option. If you find the game worthless or unplayable as it stands now, you're either stuck waiting around in "Xsyon jail", so to speak, or you can take a freaking hike and never come back, as far as the devs are concerned.

This policy craps all over the players who invested tons of time based on the (advertised) expectation that the game was basically ready, playable, and stable, and that only small, short-term roadblocks remained. Those players invested time that they can never really get back, and it's frankly insulting for them to be told they have to PAY for the privilege of waiting around and seeing if this game ever gets off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    The refund policy contributes greatly to the presence of people complaining on the forums.

The way the policy currently works, you can't refund your account unless you're really sure you will never want to play Xsyon, even months down the road when it might actually be working, because they delete your character if you refund.

Thus there really is no "Give me my money back and I will pay for the game when it is actually working" option. If you find the game worthless or unplayable as it stands now, you're either stuck waiting around in "Xsyon jail", so to speak, or you can take a freaking hike and never come back, as far as the devs are concerned.

This policy craps all over the players who invested tons of time based on the (advertised) expectation that the game was basically ready, playable, and stable, and that only small, short-term roadblocks remained. Those players invested time that they can never really get back, and it's frankly insulting for them to be told they have to PAY for the privilege of waiting around and seeing if this game ever gets off the ground.
    What you are saying doesnt make a great deal of sense. You dont have to pay to wait around, you just cancel your sub.

Also, I would take another look at the "refund policy" if I were you. It is pretty clear that no refunds will be given and that the service that is Xsyon is purchased "AS IS", and that it is an ever changing world. Not sure where you got the rest of that stuff from. In fact, I'm not sure how people have managed to get a refund at all in the past having read that refund policy.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    What you are saying doesnt make a great deal of sense. You dont have to pay to wait around, you just cancel your sub.

Also, I would take another look at the "refund policy" if I were you. It is pretty clear that no refunds will be given and that the service that is Xsyon is purchased "AS IS", and that it is an ever changing world. Not sure where you got the rest of that stuff from. In fact, I'm not sure how people have managed to get a refund at all in the past having read that refund policy.
    Actually, it makes perfect sense. My previous post already explained why it's not as simple as just "canceling your sub", but I will explain it again since you seem to have missed it.

You basically have three "choices":

1) Let them keep your money and wait around to see if the game ever becomes playable
    2) Get your money back, and never come back because they delete your character if you leave
    3) Get your money back, and if the game ever becomes worthwhile, come back and start all over from scratch, repeating the most mindless 100/200/300-hour grind you've ever experienced.

Needless to say, choice #3 isn't really a "choice".

Refund policies and terms of service are not automatically legally enforceable. Just saying "we will not give out any refunds" does not mean they are allowed to refuse refunds. This is why hundreds of people have actually gotten refunds, and this is why credit card companies WILL do a chargeback if they refuse the refund. Your loopy fanboy reasoning is utterly meaningless in the real world, where money is involved.

The details about what happens when you actually get a refund were provided to me by the game's support staff. If you think no refunds are given then you're just willfully ignoring reality. FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

What you actually want is a free trial. Its clearly stated in the EULA that buying the game can't be used as a trial, they even say that by signing the EULA you agree that you have no right for asking for refund. Still they do give your money back, but you are still not happy. Lol.

Xsyon Citizen
    What a silly comment. The fact that I plunked down $40 back in February is all you need to know to see that I didn't ask for, and didn't expect, a free trial.

But since then, all I have heard is "the game is currently broken but we think it will be working tomorrow!" Tomorrow comes, and it's the same story: "Check back later and the game will be working!"

I know they didn't expect the server would basically be down/unplayavble for 6 weeks, or they wouldn't have released. But I didn't expect it either, or I wouldn't have paid any money and wouldn't have worked on leveling my character. But instead of being honest and realistic and telling people that the game was not going to work as advertised, they kept stringing everyone along. "It'll be fixed very soon! We just have a couple minor bugs to iron out." Nothing but apologies and empty promises.

So players kept investing their time, thinking that the light at the end of the tunnel would come soon. But it didn't. Now the game is dead and the devs are even farther from delivering the promised service, which is no longer even really "massively multiplayer".

So yeah, your attempt to paint players like me, who have been patiently waiting for the game to succeed, as jerks who are just trying to secure a free ride, is demonstrably wrong and utterly without class. If the game becomes playable, I'll pay the $40. Heck, if the game finally becomes stable and the playerbase returns, I might even pay for the time I spent leveling my character, even though it was supposed to be "free".

But I'll be damned if I am letting them keep my money for this empty, unplayable game, just because they threaten to delete my characters if I demand my money back until they can actually deliver the service. And I am by no means alone. Hence, if the devs want disgruntled customers to one day come back and become satisfied, paying customers, and if the players are sick of hearing from players who aren't interested in playing the crappy game but are allowed to post on the forums because they purchased accounts for $40, the devs should change their refund policy and stop deleting characters when they refund an account. It should be painfully obvious that the character deletion is a way of saying "you'd better not leave, and if you do, don't come back".

@ Sirius-> Just go make a negative thread.

@ Everyone...

People keep bickering about the same stuff every time. The people who like the game know what's wrong just as much as the people who don't (both sides have some people with no clue wth is going on). There are positive things as well as negative things. Don't force your dislike for Xsyon on people who already like it for whatever reason. Don't force your like for Xsyon on people who already don't like it for whatever reason.

By now there is no changing anyone's opinion.

If they refund the $40, there's really no reason they should have to maintain the data on their servers. It's not meant to be a slap in the face, it's just reality... common sense really.

Perhaps some folks are Very Disappointed and just looking for a reason to argue? Life is short. Find something you enjoy (doesn't have to be Xsyon, cool if it is), and then go enjoy it. Fairly simple.