Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[New Skill] Glassworks

Glassworks

requiring sand, fire, old metal pipe and oven (a new mason or architect recipe)

Recipes:

Raw glass - needed as a raw construct to make glass items

Lens' - a component for looking glasses

Bottles (multiple types) - a container to hold liquids

Glass shards - a component in weapon crafting

Glass weapons - weak durability, very shard, high damage (slashing)

Vials - used in alchemy to create potions, dyes, paint, poisons and other chems

Windows (multiple sizes)- for architect in more modern constructed buildings, could increase comfort bonus when in buildings.

Dining ware - Fluff deco

When used with dyes it could be possible to make colored glass for certain glasswork recipes.

I think your idea is rather transparent.

Only if making windows isn't a pane

Only problem being that a simple fire would never be hot enough to make glass. I'm not positive and don't feel like looking it up but a glass kiln is somewhere around 2000 deg F. Seems like the evolution of things would most certainly have metal working before glass work just because of the ease of production.

May I have some Rose colored glasses please?

Quote Originally Posted by robofriven View Post
    Only problem being that a simple fire would never be hot enough to make glass. I'm not positive and don't feel like looking it up but a glass kiln is somewhere around 2000 deg F. Seems like the evolution of things would most certainly have metal working before glass work just because of the ease of production.
    I might agree with you but the difference is we're not technologically evolving like we did in history, We are all from current times, so all it would take is a bellow as a new tool to increase the heat. Granted it doesn't have to come out before anything else, it was merely an idea for a skill down the road, as we are currently low on professions.

Definitely an idea worth looking into eventually. I like your ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by NexAnima View Post
    I might agree with you but the difference is we're not technologically evolving like we did in history, We are all from current times, so all it would take is a bellow as a new tool to increase the heat. Granted it doesn't have to come out before anything else, it was merely an idea for a skill down the road, as we are currently low on professions.

I did see something somewhere about glass working being a new skill, But how fast we get there I have no idea.

From the home page:
    Your memories of the past with its machines, computers, bright lights and buildings reaching for the skies are vague and ever fading, a distant and unreal dream. You grow accustomed to ancient ways that now once again rule the world
    But with this, Who know what will come first. This time the egg my come before the chicken.

From the about page:
    Xsyon is an apocalyptic fable

Book Of Glassblowing

Entry extracted from game files with other posible proffessions as well.
    What will be ingame is yet to be seen, but data can give us some clues.

Book Of Alchemy
    Book Of Cartography
    Book Of Explosives
    Book Of Gambling
    Book Of Hairdressing
    Book Of Lockpicking
    Book Of Musicianship
    Book Of Poisoning
    Book Of Trading
    Book Of Traps

and many others ... : link

Woot. I get all excited when I see the intention and potential in those books. I wish Xsyon would make it.