Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plague, sounds cool! and if a homesteader is worried about constant pvp everyone could create a wall around the outside of their area and the next homestead could do the same thing we would have a walled in homestead city so the only way for pvpers to know what your doing or if your even there is to physically come in to the city and even then they wouldn't know who has what area. As for an area I recently stumbled apon the extensive mounds of junk down by tallac with hardly anyone at some points if you wanted to check that out.

I think Plague has a valid point with the City of Homesteads idea.
    There are plenty of ways to poo-poo the idea, but I think it is interesting to see that there are others out there with similar ideas. Maybe the combined ideas can make a true City of Homesteads. There are plenty of "cooperative" type models that work and meet the goals of individuals as well as the larger organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post
    Plague, sounds cool! and if a homesteader is worried about constant pvp everyone could create a wall around the outside of their area and the next homestead could do the same thing we would have a walled in homestead city so the only way for pvpers to know what your doing or if your even there is to physically come in to the city and even then they wouldn't know who has what area. As for an area I recently stumbled apon the extensive mounds of junk down by tallac with hardly anyone at some points if you wanted to check that out.
    was gonna suggest down by Tallac too.. huge place.. seems great for a city..

not interested in moving there though.. but I would love to come and visit/trade

So Tallac is what zone? I hope it's not 740, that zone is one gigantic junkpile I would not want to live in.

It looks like I just might have to move there myself and make the first step. I bet that once we have 10 people move in others wiill settle real close even of they don't want to move in simply for social/trading aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    So Tallac is what zone? I hope it's not 740, that zone is one gigantic junkpile I would not want to live in.

It looks like I just might have to move there myself and make the first step. I bet that once we have 10 people move in others wiill settle real close even of they don't want to move in simply for social/trading aspect.
    738, so probably same junkpile.. the place is huge

it has a lot of resources close and a big enough area for a big city.. guess the junk would go away in time too, if you don't like it :P

city = lot of garbage.. it's realism!! :P

Sounds like a great idea!

Unfortunately my spot is too legit to quit it ... however there are like 3 more spots around me that are pretty legit looking. One of which is probably big enough for a small tribe. Junk pile is a 3-5 minute walk, though.

I'd almost say that at the beginning you should have everyone join in a tribe and build a huge wall, then exit the tribe and let people place homesteads within the wall so they could increase it and connect it in different ways etc.

No no, not a tribe that places wall that anyone can dismantle after we leave the tribe. It should be possible to join or leave on your own any time you like. Besides I'm not into medieval cities people are building right now with moaths and walls and spikes and all.

I went to see Tallac today, in fact I did a full circle around the lake. Lack of trees next to the lake is appaling, we really need trees to regrow fast. But apart from that Tallac was okish. Close to lake, close to starter point and close to many people that settled on the biggest junkpile in the game I still need to find an exact spot and move myself there before I can call for a city. It's pretty occupied there to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    So you will let morons rule your life? Hey I live next to SOTA, junk next to me was paved and I still have fun despite all their tries to grief me (I also lead them 6:0 in pvp kills, they suck really) Even my homestead area looks better architecture wise then their super sand castle (imagination is one more thing those guys are missing I'm afraid).

Any takers on my idea? It would be fun I'm sure. What is there to lose?

I am very interested. If this is still a goal of yours - I am in.

I'm still on it but snow makes it impossible to select good location. Postponed until snow clears.

Xsyon Citizen
    Hey Plague, i live on mount Tallac ATM would love to see you close again.
    Area is very quiet lately, so you would be very welcome.
    Even the guys of New Eden i havent seen lately.( we still are neighbours)
    For the time being you would be welcome to live near me if you like most of the resources are available atm.

GRTX
    Dzarren