Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I think this thread should be marked for posterity.

I would like to come back and read it again when the 'all the land is taken' threads begin.

This isn't a new idea.. it was actually brought up around launch when people actually played the game. I think it sounds good in theory based on a WORKING game with a WORKING economy. But I will tell you right now the only reason us homesteaders are still around is because we we have to actually work for what we have in the game and its not just handed to us like in a large tribe. We have to travel to trade which takes up time. We have to prepare the land our selves and haul logs and sand and make bricks which all takes up time. with the game still broken, once you get everyone together in 2 weeks when you have nothing left to do but sit around and chit chat people are going to leave.

That being said.. if i were to make a homestead city and in this current state of the game I would make it on the flatest piece of land around no where near junk. I would make it on newbie island in the north.

No where near junk??? Why???? So we can travel bllion miles just to get 4 pieces of metal?

WIth trees gone only other resource we can aim at is junk. And it is endless supply of nails, bolts and rest of the stuff everyone needs. Those things will make a base for the economy, not $ bills.

The game as it is isn't worth paying a sub fee, so assuming that no real economy will be in and opting for self-imposed grind does not appeal to me at all. Cross-country travel in this game sucks.

I think it is better to operate on the theory that important features WILL be added when choosing a home base. I want to do this so there ARE people nearby to work together on various projects.