Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Small Suggestions

A few small random suggestions.

The action bar that reduces when you perform an action is green like all the other bars, I would like it to be a different color like yellow, sometimes when I glance at the screen I see the progress skill bar and think I can't click my action again.(Not that big a deal but would be nice)

I can see everyones unfinished projects, I wish only tribes who started the projects could see them until they are complete, or the longer but better road is to have different textures for different stages of each project, IE a wall base when it just starts and when 50% of the resources are loaded it is half built, ect...

Deleting Items seems tedious, wish you could like holding Shift + right click or something.

I saw this suggested already but I would like to see Grass huts.

I was also thinking under architect or terraforming or some combination of the two you could build a well that could hold X "buckets" of water or fills up if it rains for more camp location options.

Also it won't let you eat a fish if you don't need as much health as the fish could provide, it should take you to full and you throw the rest away instead of it not letting you eat, I don't know about you guys but I don't look at a meal and say "Oh, I can't eat that because it is too much food".

ADDITION:
    The chat box background needs to be able to have a background, some text is way to hard to read because of the environment colors behind it, and with the social aspect being important to the game I would even be so bold as to say this should be a priority.

I think buildings should provide some type of benefit to the Tribe, obviously this is planned with the comfort meter for a "need" to have homes but I was even thinking of like a "medical" tent that could slowly restore health over time to anyone in the tent or tribe area. A recruit tent so that new players can select from a list of active "Open" recruit tents to spawn on. Maybe even special craft tents that have tools that increase chance of success if you craft in them, or provide the "tools" already so you don't have to have them in your inventory just the resources.

I say this alot, But I think it's something that needs to be said.
    Remember that what we have is the bare bones basic game of Xsyon right now. Prelude is the time he plan's to flesh things out. OK now to my reply.

I like the unseen unfinished projects idea.

Deleting Items is a pain in the butt, Right click or shift + right click would be great.

*Well
    It may be the area where I live, But on my family's land. We have had a working well for the last five generation. We still use it, So I'm not sure if the reason is for gaming or if most peoples(And it not just you Trusin, There has been a lot of people say the same thing) well's dry up fast. I do want well's, But don't have no idea why I would fill it up, or have to wait till it rains. I want well's in the game. But would like it to be just like the rest, You build it and it's there. I don't want to spend all Sunday filling my well up.

Good stuff Trusin

Yeah I like the idea of wells myself and hopefully something is in the works, should take however deep it is to hit the watertable to determine how many days it would take to place the well.

Deleting yes needs to change

And after about 5 months of playing this game, I'm really getting tired of this eating/drinking system, I understand it's trying to be more lifelike, but I don't need to fill up that much, that many times a day. You should need to get water like 2-4 times a day and food as well max that is if you character is logged in all day. This eating drinking crap is really getting dumb/boring/tedious, I think we could come up with something better, at first I thought it was a great idea, but now it's just getting to me. If they can get a well system and farming in, this probably wouldn't be such a big deal but right now I hate even doing it.

Ok been playing wurm online for a break after all testing and to get new ideas for Xsyon.

Farm land we need. I'd love to see farming in xsyon like the system in wurm where you find seeds plant them on a tile and have to farm them for 3 days real time before its ready to harvest. Corn,Wheat,Rye,Oats,Barley,Potatoes,Pumpkins,Cotto n,and whep plants for rope. Love to see even more than that that wurm don't offer.

Cart's love to see this for hauling dirt,sand,and every thing in between like in wurm.

Well's yes they have them too love see wells in Xsyon as well as buckets clay jars and pottery bowls.

Love to see mine system 3d mine system wurm has a 2d it's ok but 3d mine be alot better.

Love to see some new trees like apple,cherry,olive,pear,fig,bannana,and many more i didn't mention as source of food.

Barrels,chest,crates for storage.

Doors and locks.

Lantern's torches for lite.

Abilty to make inner walls in buildings hang trophies on.

Love to see ability to tame animal's bring them back to property fence them in feed them tame them use them to pull carts and for meat or riding. Example (Horse=riding,pulling cart), (Cow=milk,beef), (Bull=pulling cart,beef,attack pet), (Bear=pulling cart,meat,attack pet), (Chicken=eggs,meat), (Wolf=Meat,Attack pet) and many more also like to see ability to breed them on your land as long as you have 1 male and one female in same pen they would mate and you breed them. This i do beleve would help on the animal situation we have being scarse.

These are some things that Xsyon should have after prelude.

I would suggest a system like in Wurm for new zone areas where a player could purchase a settlment ticket from a npc vendor and purchase land and can expand there land by purchasing more as long as land was available near them to buy. Reason i even suggest this is for home steaders so if they wantted to make a farm they have the ability to have the land to do so. Given the homesteaders land radius right now they wouldn't have a very big farm at all and tribes wouldn't be able to either do to the number of homes there members would have on there land it would lower there land for farm land and animals. Thats only if the animal breeding and farmland is added.

Wurm has some nice features but xsyon has it beat. But if could add a good portion of them in xsyon it would make best of both worlds. Any one that has ever played the sandbox wurm will know what im talking about. Soon ill move to next game to get more idea's I've heard people compare xsyon too just to understand there views from there side of view.

Jooky if you read this post of mine and got time havnt seen wurm check it out some nice idea's i think you would love in Xsyon Thats if you havn't already got it planed for after prelude. Peace

More Thoughts:

I would like to be able to see the Tribe boundry when you place the tribe pole or before you place it, we had several issues when setting up our tribe in a very dense area that made it difficult and we had to redo it several times.

The game needs water buckets/bottles/jars and cisterns for water storage, and yeah - you shouldn't have to drink 8 times to fill up. Twice is plenty.

Heck - MineCraft has buckets you can fill with water/milk. Anything not related to bulding/terraforming that MC can do - Xsyon should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusin View Post
    More Thoughts:

I would like to be able to see the Tribe boundry when you place the tribe pole or before you place it, we had several issues when setting up our tribe in a very dense area that made it difficult and we had to redo it several times.

Absolutely.

Everyone seems to want carts - they might be a good idea on the roads, but how many roads are there going in the direction you want to go? I'd still suggest Travois since the Historical Natives in this area used them; Using them would give another use to tamed dogs/coyotes besides guard animals, plus give more recipes to basketry.

It's far easier to terraform a drinking area than to dig a well.

Carts can change speed depending on the type of terrain your on and how big the load is in them. traveling up a paved road with 300lbs might be 16kmh traveling up same slop angle and all but on grass or twigs might drop speed to 12kmh snow mabe 9 kmh each terrain type diffrent speed. add animals to pull the load and that can speed up a little but still a cap.

How many Native American tribes used carts? Possibly the Hopi or Navajo, but few others used them because they usually caused more problems than they were worth.

When a tribe changed locations they did so quickly using the low-tech Travois.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer0901 View Post
    Yeah I like the idea of wells myself and hopefully something is in the works, should take however deep it is to hit the watertable to determine how many days it would take to place the well.

Deleting yes needs to change

And after about 5 months of playing this game, I'm really getting tired of this eating/drinking system, I understand it's trying to be more lifelike, but I don't need to fill up that much, that many times a day. You should need to get water like 2-4 times a day and food as well max that is if you character is logged in all day. This eating drinking crap is really getting dumb/boring/tedious, I think we could come up with something better, at first I thought it was a great idea, but now it's just getting to me. If they can get a well system and farming in, this probably wouldn't be such a big deal but right now I hate even doing it.
    The water table of the game is at 486.5 so you would only have to dig down to that level before you hit water.

Also the games Time is real time X 8 which breaks down to haveing to each 1 time a hour if your doing 3 meals a day.