Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Destruction should be limited to Tribal Lands

The ability to destroy items should be limited to tribal lands. That is, the actual destruction of property.

Trees should still be able to be cut down, roads can still be paved (yes, including junkpiles though that is a dicky move).

Logs can still be processed via woodworking outside of tribal lands.

Logs and Stumps however cannot simply be destroyed unless on tribal lands.

Items cannot be dropped/destroyed except on tribal lands (at least until the creation of junk piles is enabled)

You make it, cut it, work it, process it, scav it, fish it - you take it with you or you leave it in containers.

The current containers should be lootable outside tribal land.

High level either basketry or architecture can be used to make higher level storage devices (need new recipies) that are locakable but cannot contain as much as storage bins (10 slots for example). They should also be heavy (around 25%~50% enc) to prevent people from carrying too many and certainly from carrying them into combat.

Just my 2 bottlecaps worth.

Agreed on destruction.

I would also add that buildings and walls someone build and left the area should also stand. Imagine someone investing a lot of time building a bridge that is nicely planned and created and some dick walks by and just destroys it is since he has a small epeen. At leats that moron should be required to drop a totem.

I agree with this new motion.. It would make people with small e-peens have to try harder to rage about people that are having more fun then them in game. If people want to destroy trees outside their area for the sole purpose of trying to grief other players then they will have drag a new totem around every six hours. Most people would quickly tire having to wait six hours to do a single task.

Or if they do want to have a resource war, they have to drag the stuff back to camp and/or make stuff out of it to drag back (which currently is rather easy due to the enc bug, but eventually that will be fixed) or leave the stuff behind for people to salvage/haul back etc.

It means that a resource war isn't just 1 guy logging in offpeak deforesting an entire zone in a couple of hours.

Must admit i like the basic idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    Must admit i like the basic idea.
    Indeed! Go with it! (or at least a variation of it). I find it amusing that we can't delete rocks (which are useless) outside of our tribal areas, but we can deforest entire zones if we want.