Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Quality Testing

Its still like placeholder ... It does NOT work simply as that... its only a bone given to dogs so they can gnaw on it and stop barking...

Items do not decay, and level quality doesn't change anything for the love of the god stop with all the calculations because they are pointless.

Only your skill level works for now.

But I like calculations :-(

MrDDT just a thought but what level is the dex of the person who was attempting the master QL items? I'm looking for a 90 dex GM TC to see if there is a difference between that and my 55 dex GM TC.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoma View Post
    But I like calculations :-(

MrDDT just a thought but what level is the dex of the person who was attempting the master QL items? I'm looking for a 90 dex GM TC to see if there is a difference between that and my 55 dex GM TC.

Ya maybe, but I dont believe its just that. I think its just part of the formula.
    Higher TC higher mats/tools and higher stats all make it a higher % chance to have a higher finished item.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    and level quality doesn't change anything for the love of the god stop with all the calculations because they are pointless.

Only your skill level works for now.
    That's simply not the case based upon my testing and Jordi in the announcements thread said quality does matter in the case of armor etc. Or am I misunderstanding your point? Dropping down a quality or two in mats affects the quality of the final item every time.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyI View Post
    That's simply not the case based upon my testing and Jordi in the announcements thread said quality does matter in the case of armor etc. Or am I misunderstanding your point? Dropping down a quality or two in mats affects the quality of the final item every time.
    It will only change description not REAL quality of the item - that really does not changing anything important - actually in this stage it only make mess on the screen.
    My point is - lets take a fishing rod as example - very low quality rod and master quality rod will catch same amount of fish in the same amount of time - its useless atm.

Ok that makes sense. If that's the case then just a matter of incorporating it into the algorithms, the quality is affecting the manufacture of items just not yet the use of those items. Two different things. At least the manufactured tools do affect the quality of resources gathered so when it is all working it will have an effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    It will only change description not REAL quality of the item - that really does not changing anything important - actually in this stage it only make mess on the screen.
    My point is - lets take a fishing rod as example - very low quality rod and master quality rod will catch same amount of fish in the same amount of time - its useless atm.
    Have you actually tested this with the fishing rod? Did you catch higher quality fish with a better fishing rod?

Sure fish quality does not have a large effect right now, though it does seem to have a small effect on the amount of hunger level i gain(not tested).

When cooking is added maybe fish quality will matter also.

moderate quality shovel + 100 Terraforming = Supreme Quality dirt.
    1 high quality cloth scrap + 72 tailoring = high quality thread.

It's probably too early to judge all this though as quality may also have a large bearing on decay and we wont know till the decay system rolls out soon.

It might be nice to get a little info from Dez about the effect of quality so far in game and with the upcomming changes re decay even if to just outline what it affects or will affect soon.

I'll see if i can more info on how the system works and interconnects with stats and skills.

(not my area but I'll see what i can do)