Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    "Everybody who doesn't agree with me is wrong! Only I can be right! Everyone else who doesn't see that is biased which makes them wrong!"

You even agreed with Sirius that one of the copy and pastes he made referenced PvP. Therefore it is on the feature page which means... you are wrong and are now just trolling.
    Come on man, and the whole "Everybody who disagrees has a lack of reading comprehension!!" holds water for you?

I'm pretty sure I'm trolling at this point but it's evidently gotten under my skin. It don't belong there, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    How original.
    So you get this type of thing often?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    To be fair, it could well just be the language barrier. I'm sure she's brilliant in... I dunno... Dutch?
    Of course its only the language barrier. Thats why I can find the words 'warfare', 'siege', 'PvP', 'player versus player', 'kill' etc on the feature page. It must be the lack of my English skills.

As I said, the only problem is that you've never played games which had these features without PvP, thats why you think that they can't be achieved without a warfare system.

Come on man, and the whole "Everybody who disagrees has a lack of reading comprehension!!" holds water for you?

I'm pretty sure I'm trolling at this point but it's evidently gotten under my skin. It don't belong there, yo.
    Hey, he said it. No one can disagree with him and be right because they're biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    So you get this type of thing often?
    lol

I hear people resort to that when they can't handle someone disagreeing with them, yes. It's been done quite a bit in this post actually, and Illma certainly didn't come up with the rather sad little tactic on his own.

Which leads me to say... how original.

Just to chime in, I have to say...I've read the Features page several times through now and I see absolutely NO mention of PvP or Tribal Warfare...

I see ONE mention of combat directly and several indirection mentions...nothing else.

I don't mind PvP and will enjoy it from time to time, but I think a huge portion of the unhappy, vocal playerbase now on the forums is expecting something that was never supposed to be the focus of the game.

Personally (IMHO) I don't see needing anything more than a smooth, working system very similar to what's already in place...clear the lag up, fix any desync issues, and quality/tooltips/etc for armor and weapons will do the rest...

(not getting into the necessity of a reason to fight [read interact] with other players...that is a whole other *valid* argument

Ok this thread is a joke I stopped at page 6.

1) The game is not working as intended for a complete game. One thing everyone agrees on. If the point of this time frame was ONLY to build, then yes the game kind of is as it should be. The unclarity of this makes it so that Xsyon will win any argument. Neither the disgruntled nor the happy player will win.
    2) It is unclear whether the feature page refers to Prelude or does not. The fact that it isn't clearly stated should instill doubt into anyone who reads that and sees that the game's build is refereed to as "prelude".
    3) One cannot "read between the lines" and force their own facts. If there was a "court case", you would lose pretty bad because you are reading things how you want to. That is an emotional attachment.

Bottom Line:
    The only problem is the lack of clarity. People can read however they want to and say whatever they think is "correct", but none of that matters. You're just beating yourself up. Best read it emotionless and take it as direct as it is "displayed". Direct...either clear or cloudy, is all that matters in the end. This isn't a bible Mad Lib. You can't fill in the blanks and expect it to still resemble "God's word".

The devs. should see this thread (amongst others) and realize (if they have not yet realized) that while they may consider the presentation of their game as clear, it is not. It could also be unclear for a reason.

Hey, he said it. No one can disagree with him and be right because they're biased.
    Fair enough, but at least call out your own tribesman as well. Apparently anyone who wasn't born to the english language can't disagree, because, well you know, they spoke another language before speaking english... that makes more sense to you?

Xsyon Citizen
    Which part was not clearly written or spoken? You assume they must not be understanding clearly because they do not agree with you. You only brought up the language barrier as your frustration mounted that not everyone sees it as you do. As I said, rather than sticking to the points made, you chose to belittle based on supposed language comprehension, which you continue to do. Your feeling of superiority almost matches my own.

Fact is, a majority of your posts resort to belittling people who don't agree with you. One would hope you are capable of more than that, but hopes, as you well know, do not make reality... which is why what you hope to see on the features page, does not make it reality... even if you are "a full-blown English speaker." Congratulations by the way.

This is not a language issue, you can hide behind that as long as you like, just as you can continually complain about a game you don't like. It really doesn't have much of a bearing, and yes, it is entirely a waste of your time.
    Actually, I noted several points on the feature page that either directly indicate PVP/tribewar or indirectly imply it. Jadzia even admitted that at least one of these bullet points obviously refers to PVP. Thus her insistence that the feature page "tribal warfare is not mentioned on the feature page, nor is PvP" can only be chalked up to a language failure or a logic failure. To be honest, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that it's a language failure.

"Everybody who doesn't agree with me is wrong! Only I can be right! Everyone else who doesn't see that is biased which makes them wrong!"

You even agreed with Sirius that one of the copy and pastes he made referenced PvP. Therefore it is on the feature page which means... you are wrong and are now just trolling.
    So ONE out of the 122 bullet-points on the Feature List refers directly to a feature that probably has no use outside of PVP ?

And that proves that the game is PVP-focused ?

I'm not trying to prove there's no PVP intended, I'm just trying to establish the FOCUS of Xsyon...