Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: What is xsyon?

pvp does not have to be the main driving force of any game that has it, infact most games that include pvp are not specifically focused on it, but more so on how to prevent it.

The game is intended to be a sand box, what is needed is the tools for the players to create the content them selves. there needs to be more procedurally generated content that players can initiate from some point and let the system take over from there.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    pvp does not have to be the main driving force of any game that has it, infact most games that include pvp are not specifically focused on it, but more so on how to prevent it.
    You attempting to prevent the pvp in a game involving pvp is still proving my point: PVP is a driving force for the game, thus you are trying to prevent it from happening. If it mattered nothing at all, it would not be a driving force.

Doesnt matter if it is the "main" or even a "non intended aspect" of the game...it is still a DRIVING FORCE of the game.

PvP should NOT be a driving force. It should be other other forces that drive PvP. The poor devs are stuck in that if they focus on the non-PvP stuff, they get called out for a broke-ass combat system. If they focus on combat balance and a fighting system, they get called out for meaningless PvP; nothing to fight over.

I recognize that little crap head from the last 20 times I tried to enjoy a meal at a sit-down restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    PvP should NOT be a driving force. It should be other other forces that drive PvP. The poor devs are stuck in that if they focus on the non-PvP stuff, they get called out for a broke-ass combat system. If they focus on combat balance and a fighting system, they get called out for meaningless PvP; nothing to fight over.
    How about they just remove it then? Im sure they wouldn't have put it in if they didnt intend to have it and ALL of the extra-curricular aspects of it. Why would they (devs) make posts about Mount and Blade style combat, tribal warfare, and etc IF they did not intend for it to be a driving force?

*At this point, I dont feel sorry for the "poor" devs. They've obviously listened to the wrong people since beta...ya know...the ones that actually seem to LIKE this game the way it currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    again, its semantics on whether pvp is the driving force. PVP is a component of the circle. you remove it, the circle fails. whether crafting drives gathering which drives pvp or pvp drives gathering and crafting, doesnt matter.

It all has to work, for it to work at all.

If we can only figure out some way to make something rooted in competition less competitive...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    If we can only figure out some way to make something rooted in competition less competitive...
    You mean like turning the Olympics into the Special Olympics? Sounds good to me bro.