Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is xsyon?

Quote Originally Posted by Azhog View Post
    It is pretty frustrating to be playing an Alpha (and yes, this IS an Alpha. Beta implies that the software is feature complete)! Those of us who were willing to shell out $40 this early should get free accounts until such a time that the game is more complete.

Snide comments from the 'Head Test Developer' certainly aren't good for PR either!
    I applaud dezgards remarks...

FYI...PrinceReaper is fully vested in Starvault(aka MO)

@PrinceReaper:
    what we have here is sims online with a tribal theme in hardcore mode.
    This sounds really good.

I still enjoy the game a lot. Crafting and buildings is fun, but we need a working economy to give it purpose. PvP is pointless without economy too, so what we needs is item decay, item quality and rare stuffs.

The game was never meant to be PvP focused. Slap your friends who fooled you with that.

I'd like to ask that why did you buy the game on the first place. You knew it would have safe zones for more than 6 months, you knew that tribal warfare and sieges wouldn't be implemented anytime soon, it was clearly stated by the devs.

If that are the features you are interested in then why did you buy it ? To suffer and complain for minimum 6-9 months, but probably much more ? ( they didn't say tribal warfare will be implemented in 6 months. They said it will be implemented after Prelude, which will last 6-9 months minimum. And after Prelude can mean anything, even 2 years from now. I'm not saying it will take that much time, only pointing out the correct semantic.)

Quote Originally Posted by unzubaru View Post
    And I expect that you think developers are sub-human and require no sustenance.
    That's an inane comment. The guys who stand on the street corners with cardboard signs need sustenance also, but you don't see me handing them $40.

Notorious Games is a company, not a charity case. They get paid for providing a service. If they want more than a literal handful of players to pay them $15 a month, then they need something more robust and interesting than a fancy ditch digging simulator. I doubt that's going to happen within the next month, so when that 2nd free month expires, the number of active accounts will plummet, resulting in Empty Game Syndrome. To try and avoid this fate, I suggested that they do whatever they can to keep their already small playerbase, which at this point in development, requires letting their customers continue to play without an additional monetary burden. At least that's my opinion on the matter.

EDIT: I just looked at my account status and it says I'm good until 6/1/2011, which is nice, but contradicts what the order page says. Glad to know that I'm getting more for my money than I expected, but they should really update their webpage to avoid this sort of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by unzubaru View Post
    And I expect that you think developers are sub-human and require no sustenance.
    We got classed as sub-human...yeah upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhog View Post
    Snide comments from the 'Head Test Developer' certainly aren't good for PR either!
    I disagree 100%.

'Snide comments' in a thread mean that the devs are actually reading the forums which is a huge positive. Obviously they typically wont give real or concrete information regarding 'stuff'...other than occasional clarification...but forum feedback means they are actually reading the community chatter, which is a very good thing

Why thank you i do try to keep up with chatter as much as i can and also interact when i can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    ... forum feedback means they are actually reading the community chatter, which is a very good thing
    I totally agree. I have played very few games, where devs would actually reply to regular threads on the forum. People shouldnt discourage that... As for the "snide", you have to have a pretty negative view to interpret what dezgard was saying as 'snide' imo. Like Dubanka I view it as very positive indeed, and an indication that the devs care. Please do keep on posting on the forums - that makes good PR in my book.

dezgard, since you read this thread I'd like to ask something here...Jordi said that new lands will be opened up in April. Is this still in plan ?

I'm in IRC almost 24/7 hehe I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by dezgard View Post
    I'm in IRC almost 24/7 hehe I'll be happy to answer any questions.
    IRC usually doesn't work for me correctly, it lags big time, just like now. And if you answer here all of us will know it not only me