Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Speed up tree growth, Slow down how long it takes to cut a tree down, And make it take a lot more energy.

No one no mater how they have there stat spect out should be able to clear cut an area in ten minutes. We are working with the axe, Not a chainsaws. Even if we had chainsaws it should take lot longer to cut down a tree.

Hoping what we have now is the basic tree cuting skill and Jooky is going to redo the way we cut down tree's. Even if it's adding more time to the process.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Speed up tree growth, Slow down how long it takes to cut a tree down, And make it take a lot more energy.

No one no mater how they have there stat spect out should be able to clear cut an area in ten minutes. We are working with the axe, Not a chainsaws. Even if we had chainsaws it should take lot longer to cut down a tree.

Hoping what we have now is the basic tree cuting skill and Jooky is going to redo the way we cut down tree's. Even if it's adding more time to the process.

I agree with you fully.
    Using an axe with low skill cutting down HUGE trees should take 10 or 15x longer than it does now per tree.
    Chopping it up should take 10x longer.

Skill gain should be 5x faster if it takes that long also.

I would like to see added steps in the process also. Maybe like your axe is stuck, and going from tree - long logs - short logs. Instead of choice to go straight to short logs.

that and multiple attempts to cut down a tree. i dont think one round of logging should cut down a tree. esp not those sugerpines.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    that and multiple attempts to cut down a tree. i dont think one round of logging should cut down a tree. esp not those sugerpines.
    You fail to cut down a tree.
    comedy. that would be like the most annoying thing ever.
    I can see it taking longer, based upon your skill (or rather lack there of) or based upon the type of axe you have...
    But failing to cut down a tree?
    You don't fail at cutting down a tree. YOu might screw up and cut it down so it falls on you. But if you have an axe, you will cut it down.

but failing? not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    You fail to cut down a tree.
    comedy. that would be like the most annoying thing ever.
    I can see it taking longer, based upon your skill (or rather lack there of) or based upon the type of axe you have...
    But failing to cut down a tree?
    You don't fail at cutting down a tree. YOu might screw up and cut it down so it falls on you. But if you have an axe, you will cut it down.

but failing? not.
    not really failing at cutting down but more like cutting down the tree after taking multiple breaks.
    Similar to how you have to drink multiple times to get full instead of drinking your fill all at once

Heres a idea, swap the mechanic for drinking and cutting down trees so that drinking takes as long as it does to cut down a tree to get full.
    and cutting down a tree takes as long as it does to get full of drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    not really failing at cutting down but more like cutting down the tree after taking multiple breaks.
    Similar to how you have to drink multiple times to get full instead of drinking your fill all at once

Heres a idea, swap the mechanic for drinking and cutting down trees so that drinking takes as long as it does to cut down a tree to get full.
    and cutting down a tree takes as long as it does to get full of drinking.
    for the record i think having to drink multiple times to fill up is a stupidly annoying 'feature' i'd rather drink once and have it take however long it does to fill up the tank...stopping if i break the action. having to drink. drink. drink drink drink drink drink drink to get full...well does that process actually add any value to you? it just annoys me.

I could see different types of trees taking longer to cut down than others (ever try to cut a fresh oak log with an axe? not easy...pine actually cuuts much easier)...but the whole multiple attempts to accomplish an action 'feature'...meh. button clicking purely for the sake of button clicking is a fail imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    for the record i think having to drink multiple times to fill up is a stupidly annoying 'feature' i'd rather drink once and have it take however long it does to fill up the tank...stopping if i break the action. having to drink. drink. drink drink drink drink drink drink to get full...well does that process actually add any value to you? it just annoys me.
    Totally Agree!

Also after 6 logging trips, where I cut down 15-25 trees per run, I have yet to get 1 lumberjacking skill point (5 skill).
    Has anyone gotten a point? anyone started at 5 gotten a point; obviouslly level up points don't count.

I personally think that it should be impossible to make pristine gear without making the leather/metal/cloth from scratch (later updates). So like your axes should break after 1 huge tree or maybe even before then. Especially if all that's holding it together is...a strap. I've got extras...a dime-a-dozen.

Hey that's interesting, ay? You can't cut down huge trees because your axe breaks in the middle of cutting it down unless you've found a decent weaponcrafter. Same for picks...hunting really all you need is a knife blade, so gains should be freaking low if you have crappy blades. Then a toolcrafter making a rod? Some of those fish should break those in half...so you'll need a decent toolcrafter for that. Crappy clothes should break with movement, but still mildly wearable.

ii absolutely agree that crappy gear should degrade rapidly. hopefully not on one tree, but 3? 4 absolutely.

grass stuff should degrade rapidly.
    leather should rot (degrade rapidly) if it gets wet

for now i'd be happy to see what condition stuff is in, and merely degrade on a flat curve over time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    Totally Agree!

Also after 6 logging trips, where I cut down 15-25 trees per run, I have yet to get 1 lumberjacking skill point (5 skill).
    Has anyone gotten a point? anyone started at 5 gotten a point; obviouslly level up points don't count.
    Yes I've leveled from 5 to 11 or 14 don't remember which one, it's a lot of trees per skill up never counted though