Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Deforestation. When can we expect some timber?

So i've been running around all over the unlocked landmass making note of potential locations suited for settling. I have noticed a trend. Clearcutting is a real problem it seems anywhere there are people (with very few exceptions) all sign of usable timber has disappeared. Is there any clue as to when trees will populate? most places can't even gather twigs and branches its gotten so bad.

It would be nice to have trees respawn, but even better if we could replant them ourselves.

I was thinking about that Kins and the only way I could see it working is with really small trees and even then they take a long time to grow.

But for the sake of more fun game play, maybe 100ft trees could grow from seed in 3 months REAL time?

Or an even better feature would be to have the trees grow in increments and as the trees reach certain height (10 ft, 20ft, 30ft, etc) the tree will change to that height and appearance may change as well such as branches and trunk getting wider and branches thicker)

We would have the option to cut down for 5 logs at 3 months or 20 logs at 6 months or however many logs would represent the trees mass at the time (10,20, 30ft tree height, etc)

As soon as trees regrow they will immediately be cut down again by those needing to grind, hoard, or grief.

Yeah but that is natural. I don't like the grief part though.

Stops NEED to be implemented such as, LOGS and STUMPS can't be destroyed unless on tribal ground. Which makes sense because you can't build unless on tribal ground which is why people destroy stumps, to build there.

If people want to grind trees with the above implemented it won't be so bad. It will stop griefing too. But the world will still look barren from all the deforestation

^ Agreed...either take away the ability to just destroy trees/logs for fun outside of tribal areas or make it extremely inconvenient to do (would prefer the first). Otherwise, a complete reforestation of the world would be negated in a week...

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I was thinking about that Kins and the only way I could see it working is with really small trees and even then they take a long time to grow.

But for the sake of more fun game play, maybe 100ft trees could grow from seed in 3 months REAL time?

Or an even better feature would be to have the trees grow in increments and as the trees reach certain height (10 ft, 20ft, 30ft, etc) the tree will change to that height and appearance may change as well such as branches and trunk getting wider and branches thicker)

We would have the option to cut down for 5 logs at 3 months or 20 logs at 6 months or however many logs would represent the trees mass at the time (10,20, 30ft tree height, etc)
    I don't get you. How is that more fun gameplay if we have to wait 3 real months for trees to regrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I don't get you. How is that more fun gameplay if we have to wait 3 real months for trees to regrow ?
    LOL... Sounds like a blast NOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    3 months as opposed to decades that it actually takes for them to grow?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    3 months as opposed to decades that it actually takes for them to grow?
    3 months is better than decades. But 2 days is even better than 3 months.