Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    actually no.

One was thats true.. 2 were totally new players.

and the growth I refer to is tribal growth not game growth. You seem to think I am both blind and stupid. Neither are true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    aww c'mon Armand

Just admit that YOU are totally bored, things are not working out like YOU thought and you are frustrated.

Some of us are not in your shoes nor do we have your viewpoint or frustration level.

We ALSO are not going to look at it like you do just 'cuz you want us to. Call it what you will, but it's just a game and does NOT affect my RL personality one little bit.

To me, Xsyon is a fun diversion from RL that I am enjoying just fine. Oh, did I say that we added 3 new members this last week? seems like ok growth to me
    It's not just Armand...

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    aww c'mon Armand

Just admit that YOU are totally bored, things are not working out like YOU thought and you are frustrated.

Some of us are not in your shoes nor do we have your viewpoint or frustration level.

We ALSO are not going to look at it like you do just 'cuz you want us to. Call it what you will, but it's just a game and does NOT affect my RL personality one little bit.

To me, Xsyon is a fun diversion from RL that I am enjoying just fine. Oh, did I say that we added 3 new members this last week? seems like ok growth to me
    DRINK THE COOL AID! DRINK IT DAMNIT! DRINK THE DAMN COOL AID ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!!

i'm hoping for a miracle patch. i'm also buying a lottery ticket. I think they have equal chances of occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Amidst that inexplicable lecture, you just inadvertently put your finger on one of the #1 reasons this game is pointless right now.
    I agree with you and I was thinking that once Junk Piles would be gone the fun would begin.. but now they are talking about letting junkpiles "regenerate"... weak.

I rather enjoyed the fact that there was no tutorial in the beginning. My feeling so lost really added to my immersion in the game, and made it feel like I really didn't know how to survive.

There were plenty of people in the "chat room" complaining that they couldn't find anyone to kill, picking on one kid in particular, generally ignored those...
    but there were also nice folks willing to answer a couple of questions, such as why am I dying of thirst standing next to a lake?

A sense of community and good humor can do just as much for player interaction as conflict. Not the type of interaction pewpeweronly folks enjoy, but you know how it goes: you can't please all of the people all of the time, and you can't please some of the people any of the time.

Xsyon is too easy.

On death, players should drop all their items.
    Animals should be much stronger.
    There needs to be item decay (yea, I know they're working on this one).
    Starvation and dehydration should kill you, over time.
    Leather should only be acquired from animals.
    Tool and weapon recipes should be harder to acquire.

I'm sure there are a lot more improvements that could be made, these are just some I could think of off the top of my head.
    Some of my suggestions could be accomplished with relatively little work on the dev's part.
    Until Xsyon gains a little back-bone and presents more challenges, it's only going to continue losing players - very few of us were looking for a post-apocalyptic social sim.

I'm holding out hope for some of the future patches. However, there may not even be a player base by the time those needed patches arrive.

I agree with Rhodes on his list, Xsyon is too easy now. But it's still fun compared to all else I play. Name a better game? No-can-do, that's what I thought. If there was anything better all you whiners would not be here.

And for the Nth time Xsyon is not and should never be pvp centric game. If you came here expecting that you should be disappointed but only because you failed to grasp what Xsyon is.

I'll be here even after my free time expires for at least another 6 months. Having fun is all I care about and right now xsyon is fun (although far from perfect).

Dezgard stole my red color !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    DRINK THE COOL AID! DRINK IT DAMNIT! DRINK THE DAMN COOL AID ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!!

i'm hoping for a miracle patch. i'm also buying a lottery ticket. I think they have equal chances of occurring.
    So the changes for a miracle patch is as big as you buying a lottery ticket? :P