Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    way to go pulling numbers out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Can you provide a source for this made up information? Didn't think so.

Also, I'm going to guess that around 3,000 people (maybe more) bought this game. 3,000 x $40 = $120,000

$120,000 /=/ a few grand. Where's that money gone oh master basketeer?
    $120k isn't that much money to start off a game; or any business for that matter.

even if you think $120k is a lot multiple millions of dollars was put into WoW; so even at ~$1 million the Xsyon team is working with only 12% of the money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft
    "Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001. The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise."
    That is nearly 4 years from announcement, which included concept art and even a few itial screens, to launch.
    They were working on it since before.
    Actually funny enough I remember an interview in 1999 when EQ was still in its infancy the people at Blizzard saying they were very interested in making Warcraft into an MMO; people speculated then that they were already working on WoW.

There is information stating that they took AT LEAST 4 years to make WoW
    I heard 8 but I am not gunna spend a ton of time researching it at this moment.

So where are your numbers from?

Added after 5 minutes:

Also
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th..._game_designer

"Game Designers: $40,000 to $70,000"

So think if Jordi pays 1 art guy and 1 coder at bargain basement price of $40k
    That is $80k a year plus cost of paying for the music and the hardware and the server's hosting and the bandwidth etc etc etc

Easily this game costs him $150-200k to run and develop a year; easily, maybe even 2-3X that amount.

I wish people would quit using Wikipedia in debates or arguments.

Not trying to be mean , but that's not really direct source material.

Ill, can I try to ask again why you stay around the forums of a game you say you don't play and obviously have much disdain for?

I'm pretty sure Jordi is only spending the minimal amount on hardware/server infrastructure. WhoIs leads to two hosts... Both seem low-end. If Xsyon is only running on one machine, which a number of people think is the case, it looks like the price is anywhere from $99 to $434 per month. Ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    it looks like the price is anywhere from $99 to $434 per month. Ghetto.
    That is still $5.2k a year

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    If Xsyon is only running on one machine, which a number of people think is the case
    Cause we all know that what "people" think is true; it can be on one server it can also be on eight servers.
    I am not qualified to answer that

Also Illmaculate that statement seems very lame.
    If you think this game is crap and the forums are more fun maybe I can understand, but not agree with, your viewpoint.
    But are the Xsyon forums more fun than all games, or watching movies, or going outside, or everything else in the world?
    If they are I feel sorry for you, if not go do one of the things that are more fun than being a forum troll.

This will be the last time I respond to Illmaculate at all.
    I shall pretend like any post he posts does not exist.
    Bye buddy hope you don't drown to death, or fall down a flight of stairs, or get catapulted into a volcano before you mature and hit puberty.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    That is still $5.2k a year

Cause we all know that what "people" think is true; it can be on one server it can also be on eight servers.
    I am not qualified to answer that
    Which, as I already stated... Ghetto.

It's a logical conclusion to come to when you consider he doesn't have an investor, there is no continuous income, past (and current at times) bandwidth issues, and server performance when more than 4 people try to log in. Could it be more than one machine? Could it be 5 machines and simply a coding issue? Sure. I'm leaning towards one machine, though, along with some coding problems. Two of the cheap ones at most.

On your salary note... How are you sure he is even paying his help normal salaries for their field? He doesn't have the cash to do so. Three devs and six artists sounds like an ordeal of buddies or business acquaintances. The bios of the devs he fired all showed that Xsyon was more their hobby than anything. They all had real jobs. Don't be surprised if the situation is the same with the current team.