Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! I have Leprosy...

Hi guys I wondering if this is game mechanics or a bug. Since starting playing I have lost 4 stat points and not gained a single point! So far I am down -1 Spirit, -1 Charm these I can understand to a degree since the skills to raise them are not in game yet. However I have also lost -1 Strength (*been careful not to stand and grind anything!) and just last night -1 in Agility when I was running around sprinting jumping climbing in the event (*really don't understand this one!). Has anyone else experienced this? I do varied tasks but I am feeling punished for playing the game not rewarded! If this is a bug would it be possible for a gm to reset as I don't want to reroll! I like my character just wish he didn't have leprosy.

Welcome to Xsyon. A launched MMO with only a few mechanics turned on (one being stat decay).

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Welcome to Xsyon. A launched MMO with only a few mechanics turned on (one being stat decay).

my smile was not enough.

Just keep using the skills you just lost a point in.

Can't find the post by whoever proposed the following:

Stats might be are rounded down at all times. This means while you only see two digits, at the beginning you might have 50.0 and when you lost 0.1 points you'd have 49.9,but rounding down shows 49. This is why it looks like you never gain anything, when you might have skills that are 50.5 or 50.8 whilst many others have been put down to 49.9.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Can't find the post by whoever proposed the following:

Stats might be are rounded down at all times. This means while you only see two digits, at the beginning you might have 50.0 and when you lost 0.1 points you'd have 49.9,but rounding down shows 49. This is why it looks like you never gain anything, when you might have skills that are 50.5 or 50.8 whilst many others have been put down to 49.9.
    Interesting, good info, thx.

I know one of my neighbors confirmed gaining strength while doing masonry.
    I saw a gain in perception while scavenging.

Also had another instance where a message flashed on the screen that my stats had increased, but I didn't see a change in the stats themselves. Perhaps I had gone down 0.1, never noticed and it moved back up.

edit:
    hadn't noticed Colonel's thread in there. That should help Didn't see that many negatives though.

My character has lost a point in strength and spirit, and has gained a point intelligence and 3 points in perception.

+2 dex +1 int +3 percp, -1 charm -1 spirit, round yourself out nicely and you wont' see many skill drops, I did lose and gain -1/+1 str from fishing then gaining it back while brickbuilding.

I've had a couple of the "your stats have increased" messages and had no change in the stat window. Thought it might be the bug where the display doesn't update correctly but the server has the actual numbers. After several relogs and days passing, I still don't see the "gains".

Either it is indeed a hidden decimal, like UO was originally, or I somehow gained and lost the same stat each time, LOL.

When the soft-caps are implemented, rounding yourself out may be quite difficult without risking losing GM in a skill you ground out thousands of items to get. I sure hope they implement skill and stat locks or allow us to use SP on stats.