Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    xsyon is mmostuyag (massively multi-player online stick thumb up your ass game) not an mmorpg like the others that have balance.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhaze View Post
    xsyon is mmostuyag (massively multi-player online stick thumb up your ass game) not an mmorpg like the others that have balance.
    What you do in the privacy of your Totem is entirely up to you, we don't judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    LOL nice reply

that was pretty funny what you said, Hanover.

The situation where players will band together to fight off a common enemy almost never happens. Why? Because that group of players DOESN'T WANT TO PvP! All a carebear posse accomplishes is providing the "bad guys" with entertainment at the expense of the playtime of the other side...nothing has changed, except now the fun is coming to them instead of the PvPer having to trek a few minutes to go harrass the basket weavers and junk sorters.

Somehow personal choice seems to have been left out of the discussion.

I CAN pvp, have enough point into things and plenty fine armor and when the situation calls for it I of course CAN pvp...

But, what it I simply choose not to? I still have plenty of things to occupy my time, plenty of friends to chat with, and things to build. If we have developed our tribal area and made it defensable, then to me there is NO issue at all, since I have choices.

It is not about PVP or PVE or forcing anyone to be anything. It is, and has always been a matter of choice .. and THAT is exactly why I like playing this game

In real life, if I shoot that guy breaking into my house..he stays shot (welcome to Texas, asshole!). There are real consequences.

In Xsyon its a 3 minute reload and 5 minute run and the asshat is back in my face again...and chances are HE feels wronged and needs to get revenge by chopping all the local trees or paving over nearby junk piles.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Probably does that to scare away the grizzlies.