Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Orious -

If you are constantly sprinting around in combat, you're not very smart. There is no Mana to Stamina spell here. With the way stamina works, it's going to get you killed in anything more than a very small skirmish.

Anyway, I'm not relating combat speed to sprinting. The general pace of combat is fine. The hopping around needs to go (use a lot more stamina when jumping) and the animations/synch/etc. needs a fix. Terrible animations alone make combat seem quick and jerky.

I wouldn't be one to waste stamina carelessly in a long fight.

I haven't seen anything more than small skirmishes...and the sprinting and jumping around is stupid. I kind of expect there to be more small skirmishes anyway than anything else. Especially in 1 on 1 where people argue that more skill might be involved. In that sense you can kill before your stamina even prevents you from sprinting (partially the PO weap problem) and I only have 75 fortitude. Even if dodging or parry had useful bonuses besides damage mitigation or avoidance, you wouldn't need it at all. My opinion is that any fight which allows sprinting and jumping like that should be frowned upon...so just remove it from combat mode or like you said make it drain 2x or 3x the current rate.

Sprint was disabled before. After discussion, Jordi realized how stupid it was and increased the speed to the current levels. You couldn't kill or be killed before the change. Each time you wanted to sprint, you'd have to get out of combat-mode. If you caught up to someone and starting fighting... Yep, combat-mode. The target would just run away again. It was terrible. I don't think anyone ever died, unless they agreed to stay in combat mode for a duel.

Current sprint is fine, although regen needs a huge boost. Jumping in or out of combat mode should use a lot more stamina.