Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've seen a grand total of six animals in my few months in game, and I've taken quite a few jaunts up into the mountains.

Something that bugs me a bit is a local guide near where I dropped my homestead. She announces in chat that she's going to go spawn some little critters for her friends (that's how she puts it) and it's obvious from chat that there is a small crowd around her just waiting to kill all the deer that spring from her magic wand, or whatever.

Very unrealistic. The animals never have a chance to wander off and do their thing it seems. It's like cafeteria-style hunting. Unless its some announced hunting event, I kinda think guides should just go off and spawn animals with no one around so they wander about and people can actually hunt them.

they should go and spawn a bunch of bears like at the pvp event the other night, just drop like 10 bears here, 10 bears there, 10 more bears over here.

They should spawn bears and coons near each other and let them level up to godliness. If a male and female were really high level and killed people often, they could then populate the world if mating (spawning lol) is working.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri
    yes that is because humans are like locust just like they are in real life. human behavior is only personified in games because of anonymity. the animals should migrate towards being more pack mentality because of the amount of players killing them. even though thats not how they naturally occur right now in real life i think thats how they would migrate if presented with the amount of kill off were seeing.

Also the amount of encumbrance needs to be increased for larger animals why can i carry two bears that are dissected before i get slowed down. why not just one grizzly puts me at encumbrance or even over it.

make animals harder to kill, a full grown normal bear would kill you or me even if i was duel wielding axes. adult bears should be social towards cubs, hello where are the mothers?

Killing animals should not be a hey im going to go out and kill me some deer kinda event, it should be a dam, i want to bag me some adults i need to take a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I do believe people are hunting them but it sounds more like a problem of not enough being spawned, and breeding issues.

They need to make animals much harder to fight for some. Like bears should be a 4 man job, while deer should be 2+ man job with the tools we have.
    Deer shouldn't be fighting back much either unless trapped. This would make hunting more fun, while still keeping the need of the animal count lower.
    Right now they are super ez.
    Raccoons/Coyotes yield way to many resources.

Pump up the spawn rates big time for Raccons and Coyotes. Lower it a little for Bears.

Now Bears, and deer should be much harder (Bears will even kill you now), and there will be tons of ez little things that yield little around. Giving the resources the same, making bears rare and better for econ, and hunters are happy.
    I always thought, And even did a blog about it a long time ago, That when we was going to hunt in Xsyon. It would be hunting. Meaning I would not run out of my tribe area and kill what ever I wanted to real fast and head on back home. What I thought it would be like, Is if I wanted a bear, It would be like really hunting for one. They would not be everywhere, And when I did come across one. It would be a long hard fight. Same for deer, Deer should not be everywhere, But if they see you then they would run. Deer are the type of animal that likes to be with more deer. When you do find deer, It should be in herds, And they should run from you as well. Hunting deer should be a group thing till we get the bow. As deer should run away from you. So there should be some strategy to hunting them with just a hunting knife.

We all have talked about if things should be Life like or not. But I think this is one time I know I would hope it would be a little more real life like. I know we have lot's more animal's to be added to the game. But for now. Bears should be a b!tch to kill no matter what your stats are, or how old the bear is. Also you should not find bears every where, Cut the count on bears and make it a PC group fight type of animal. To where animals like raccons and coyotes should be over running any area with a big tribe. Raccons and coyotes should always run from you, Unless the coyotes are in a small pack, And hungry. The thing is raccons and coyotes will always live close to fast free food. And that should be close to tribes, And the bigger the tribe. The higher the count should be. I know the bears do the same thing, But they do not reproduce as fast as the smaller animals do. So I would say not to add this to them. Any way when it comes to big game hunting, It should be a lot more work, And more rewarding. And to the small game hunting should be fast and giving small rewards.

And to the OP, The world updater should be doing this for us every morning. It may need to be worked on to give us more to hunt.