Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Let the guides spawn mobs for us

I search for hours at a time trying to find creatures to kill. So i now hear that a guide can spawn mobs to surround themselves for an event. So why cant they spawn mobs for us to kill? They dont have to be in front of me, just in my vacinity for me to find.

The lack of creatures to kill in this game is a real deal breaker. It destroys bonecrafting. It makes the game stagnant and a total waste of time if you spend an hour or 2 trying to find something to kill and you usually find nothing. On my most epic day i only found 1 bear and 2 coyotes after 2 hours searching.

Tell me one other game you have EVER played where you could not find a creature to kill on most occassions? This is honestly rediculous.

Now i know the naysayers will say - well i can find heaps of mobs to kill, there are heaps near me. Well good on you. You obviously do not live in 740. Since we went live i have not even seen 1 deer.

Either give us mobs or let the guides spawn them for us. This will personally make my life here in Xsyon so much more "bear"able - hehe, pardon the pun.

They were tasked with doing it in Beta. No clue why they aren't now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    Now i know the naysayers will say - well i can find heaps of mobs to kill, there are heaps near me. Well good on you. You obviously do not live in 740. Since we went live i have not even seen 1 deer.
    lol, its funny because i go down there to hunt all the time, i know several other people that do also, so the answer is probably because your in a area where people like to go hunt and everyone is killing off the animal population down there.

I think animals wander and get stuck in certain areas where they then reproduce like mad.
    Other areas they don't get stuck and people kill the random 1 or 2 they find and it never gets repopulated

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    I think animals wander and get stuck in certain areas where they then reproduce like mad.
    Other areas they don't get stuck and people kill the random 1 or 2 they find and it never gets repopulated
    Ironically that sounds like it is by design.

to be honest, they need to roll back the mist in the directions of the mountain regions where you couldn't really place a totem because theres too much rock and no room to terraform and fill those areas with animals, and then have animals roam out of those areas.

people complain that there's no animals but its because there being hunted to the point of extinction and people simply just go "i dunno where all the bears went i have only killed 5 in the last hour and 10 the day before, what could be happening that they are going poof" and thats just 1 person that says things like that. imaging 100 people.

I'd also like to see animals stop chasing after a certain distance.

I wouldn't mind hunting only on a needed basis, rather than having to kill any animal I come across even if I don't need animal resources at the very moment.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Ironically that sounds like it is by design.

to be honest, they need to roll back the mist in the directions of the mountain regions where you couldn't really place a totem because theres too much rock and no room to terraform and fill those areas with animals, and then have animals roam out of those areas.

people complain that there's no animals but its because there being hunted to the point of extinction and people simply just go "i dunno where all the bears went i have only killed 5 in the last hour and 10 the day before, what could be happening that they are going poof" and thats just 1 person that says things like that. imaging 100 people.

I do believe people are hunting them but it sounds more like a problem of not enough being spawned, and breeding issues.

They need to make animals much harder to fight for some. Like bears should be a 4 man job, while deer should be 2+ man job with the tools we have.
    Deer shouldn't be fighting back much either unless trapped. This would make hunting more fun, while still keeping the need of the animal count lower.
    Right now they are super ez.
    Raccoons/Coyotes yield way to many resources.

Pump up the spawn rates big time for Raccons and Coyotes. Lower it a little for Bears.

Now Bears, and deer should be much harder (Bears will even kill you now), and there will be tons of ez little things that yield little around. Giving the resources the same, making bears rare and better for econ, and hunters are happy.

When they add the other animals it'll probably be 5 times as many sets of animals as we see now.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri
    yes that is because humans are like locust just like they are in real life. human behavior is only personified in games because of anonymity. the animals should migrate towards being more pack mentality because of the amount of players killing them. even though thats not how they naturally occur right now in real life i think thats how they would migrate if presented with the amount of kill off were seeing.

Also the amount of encumbrance needs to be increased for larger animals why can i carry two bears that are dissected before i get slowed down. why not just one grizzly puts me at encumbrance or even over it.

make animals harder to kill, a full grown normal bear would kill you or me even if i was duel wielding axes. adult bears should be social towards cubs, hello where are the mothers?

Killing animals should not be a hey im going to go out and kill me some deer kinda event, it should be a dam, i want to bag me some adults i need to take a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I do believe people are hunting them but it sounds more like a problem of not enough being spawned, and breeding issues.

They need to make animals much harder to fight for some. Like bears should be a 4 man job, while deer should be 2+ man job with the tools we have.
    Deer shouldn't be fighting back much either unless trapped. This would make hunting more fun, while still keeping the need of the animal count lower.
    Right now they are super ez.
    Raccoons/Coyotes yield way to many resources.

Pump up the spawn rates big time for Raccons and Coyotes. Lower it a little for Bears.

Now Bears, and deer should be much harder (Bears will even kill you now), and there will be tons of ez little things that yield little around. Giving the resources the same, making bears rare and better for econ, and hunters are happy.
    I always thought, And even did a blog about it a long time ago, That when we was going to hunt in Xsyon. It would be hunting. Meaning I would not run out of my tribe area and kill what ever I wanted to real fast and head on back home. What I thought it would be like, Is if I wanted a bear, It would be like really hunting for one. They would not be everywhere, And when I did come across one. It would be a long hard fight. Same for deer, Deer should not be everywhere, But if they see you then they would run. Deer are the type of animal that likes to be with more deer. When you do find deer, It should be in herds, And they should run from you as well. Hunting deer should be a group thing till we get the bow. As deer should run away from you. So there should be some strategy to hunting them with just a hunting knife.

We all have talked about if things should be Life like or not. But I think this is one time I know I would hope it would be a little more real life like. I know we have lot's more animal's to be added to the game. But for now. Bears should be a b!tch to kill no matter what your stats are, or how old the bear is. Also you should not find bears every where, Cut the count on bears and make it a PC group fight type of animal. To where animals like raccons and coyotes should be over running any area with a big tribe. Raccons and coyotes should always run from you, Unless the coyotes are in a small pack, And hungry. The thing is raccons and coyotes will always live close to fast free food. And that should be close to tribes, And the bigger the tribe. The higher the count should be. I know the bears do the same thing, But they do not reproduce as fast as the smaller animals do. So I would say not to add this to them. Any way when it comes to big game hunting, It should be a lot more work, And more rewarding. And to the small game hunting should be fast and giving small rewards.

And to the OP, The world updater should be doing this for us every morning. It may need to be worked on to give us more to hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooj View Post
    I search for hours at a time trying to find creatures to kill. So i now hear that a guide can spawn mobs to surround themselves for an event. So why cant they spawn mobs for us to kill? They dont have to be in front of me, just in my vacinity for me to find.

The lack of creatures to kill in this game is a real deal breaker. It destroys bonecrafting. It makes the game stagnant and a total waste of time if you spend an hour or 2 trying to find something to kill and you usually find nothing. On my most epic day i only found 1 bear and 2 coyotes after 2 hours searching.

Tell me one other game you have EVER played where you could not find a creature to kill on most occassions? This is honestly rediculous.

Either give us mobs or let the guides spawn them for us. This will personally make my life here in Xsyon so much more "bear"able - hehe, pardon the pun.
    Well the whole idea is that animals tends to like less populated areas. As far as I remember zone 740 is around the lake, which should be infested with tribes.
    They can also go extinct and they were never meant to be mobs as you see them in other games. Don't draw comparison to it.

I'm not a naysayer, just stating some of the more factual.. That said, I agree.. The hiding if hunted to near extinction/seasonal slumbering doesn't seem to be working as intended and the reproducing rate is probably far too low still, taken the massive hunt on them into account. (usually a bit of walking in the mist, at the edge of the mist that doesn't kill you, will get you surrounded by mobs in few minutes ..)
    I suggest you send them a suggestion mail instead.