Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    still, fatboy: The server should do a backup every few minutes or hours, not only once a day. O_o

Hello and morning. Am still up...energy drinks.
    This is the log entry I kept. Give or take few mins.

Mountain Time:
    Logged into game.

Logged in 12:25am Friday. Crashed at 2:46am Friday.
    Logged in 03:03am Friday. Maintanence 04:00am Friday.
    Logged in 04:38am Friday. Crashed at 12:52pm Friday.
    Logged in 13:07pm Friday (30-40 mins rollback) Crashed at 13:21pm Friday.
    Logged in 14:05pm Friday (rollback to 4:am) No crash since. End log.

Last week crashes and rollback wasnt bad. It was about 5-15 mins rollback. Crashed 2-3 times per hour, then about 2 times per hour. I was content, nothing major.
    Friday's rollback was drastic. For those who happened to logged on during those hours and worked on gathering/harvesting materials for tribe, relocating to new zone, carrying loads/several baskets/bins. Making several hundreds mortars, several hundreds limestone, hundreds of branches to be used for barricade wall, several hundreds sand, reloading when ever you get the death bug, reloading when you get the out of breath bug, reloading when you are stuck bug (stuck in the ground below the earth). Organizing bins in your tribe, doing inventory, setting up architecture sites for folks to use, carrying lots of logs while being encumbered couple or so zone away (thanks to the idiots who destroyed all the trees/trunks). Yeah I was pretty much at the time upset, all that time lost and fustrated, annoyed. Yeah its a game, but the time some of us spent on it, well its fustrating.
    I still like the game and will continue to play it. Some of us probably need/needed to vent in public (at least me). I have been at this since beta 1. Its the weekend so I have bit more time then usuale. The guides are doing their best to help us in game and making the game enjoyable (at least for me). Although my fingers and wrist, elbow are hurting somewhat from all the clicking on the mouse, each time I log on, into the game, theres something different to do.
    Anyways, its late, going on 28 hours. Energy drinks, coffee, ramen, and chinese take out helps...and headaches pills. This is my vent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstorm View Post
    Hello and morning. Am still up...energy drinks.
    This is the log entry I kept. Give or take few mins.

Mountain Time:
    Logged into game.

Logged in 12:25am Friday. Crashed at 2:46am Friday.
    Logged in 03:03am Friday. Maintanence 04:00am Friday.
    Logged in 04:38am Friday. Crashed at 12:52pm Friday.
    Logged in 13:07pm Friday (30-40 mins rollback) Crashed at 13:21pm Friday.
    Logged in 14:05pm Friday (rollback to 4:am) No crash since. End log.

Last week crashes and rollback wasnt bad. It was about 5-15 mins rollback. Crashed 2-3 times per hour, then about 2 times per hour. I was content, nothing major.
    Friday's rollback was drastic. For those who happened to logged on during those hours and worked on gathering/harvesting materials for tribe, relocating to new zone, carrying loads/several baskets/bins. Making several hundreds mortars, several hundreds limestone, hundreds of branches to be used for barricade wall, several hundreds sand, reloading when ever you get the death bug, reloading when you get the out of breath bug, reloading when you are stuck bug (stuck in the ground below the earth). Organizing bins in your tribe, doing inventory, setting up architecture sites for folks to use, carrying lots of logs while being encumbered couple or so zone away (thanks to the idiots who destroyed all the trees/trunks). Yeah I was pretty much at the time upset, all that time lost and fustrated, annoyed. Yeah its a game, but the time some of us spent on it, well its fustrating.
    I still like the game and will continue to play it. Some of us probably need/needed to vent in public (at least me). I have been at this since beta 1. Its the weekend so I have bit more time then usuale. The guides are doing their best to help us in game and making the game enjoyable (at least for me). Although my fingers and wrist, elbow are hurting somewhat from all the clicking on the mouse, each time I log on, into the game, theres something different to do.
    Anyways, its late, going on 28 hours. Energy drinks, coffee, ramen, and chinese take out helps...and headaches pills. This is my vent.
    OT: Go to sleep, man. Thats not healthy.

ontopic: i was very lucky on the scrap pile after the rollback, so i can forgive them a tiny bit.

Hey caahl. Yeah i will get some sleep here. Just wanted to post some screenshots of the guide/gm event, it was about an hour ago ish.

Quote Originally Posted by caaahl View Post
    OT: Go to sleep, man. Thats not healthy.

ontopic: i was very lucky on the scrap pile after the rollback, so i can forgive them a tiny bit.
    Always when i play Xsyon iam thinking, hey you could also press the left mouse button in another game and get random rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    he had to do the roll back. the server crashed and terraforming got busted and the game was severaly screwed up. So only option he had was revert to the save from maintance. Thats why you all got rolledback. a file corruption did it. Shit happens and then ya move on. Least if your gonna come here to bitch, state the facts first before bitching.
    I dont care how or why it happened!!!

The point is it did happen and will continue to happen.

Letting this stuff slide is really doing a disservice to the game.

I hope its not me and all my accounts terraforming the shit out of everything within eyesight that crashes our server, because i would feel just terrible. Terrible. I can't stop though, must dig. Today i will terraform the great wall of china with my totem hopping digging maniac , Haida. She needs dirt. Bad. Someone bring me some sand, please. Thanks for listening.

So I exaggerated a bit with 16 hours and I obviously was quite pissed when I posted this and drunk since I can't remember posting this lol. Anyway let's hope this doesn't happen any time soon again.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndor View Post
    So I exaggerated a bit with 16 hours and I obviously was quite pissed when I posted this and drunk since I can't remember posting this lol. Anyway let's hope this doesn't happen any time soon again.
    doh! well for someone in the midst of a blackout, you were actually fairly coherent

Now stop killing them gray cells man!