Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Login Message Request

Some of us were just talking in general about the rollback and Jarred suggested a login message that informs people of happenings. Basically the stuff that gets posted in the Main Server Status thread should be added to the game in the form of a login message that lets people know about rollbacks and the like instead of forcing them to come to the forums to find this stuff out.

This is posted in Prelude Talk cause it seems to be a busier section then the Suggestions section.

At this point we can barely get any information on the forums. I wouldn't expect much more than that for the foreseeable future. Good suggestion though.

You know what's is really infuriating, it's been almost 7 hours since this last large rollback and not a peep from anyone in charge other than

"Server has crashed at a critical point and needs to be restored to the last maintenance scheduled (Friday: 10:00 AM GMT/UTC (2:00 AM PST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience to the players, We will endeavor to make sure these rollbacks do not happen again. "

THAT's your response? Really? Seriously you fook over the players time and efforts and you can't even come up with a decent frikken response.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    You know what's is really infuriating, it's been almost 7 hours since this last large rollback and not a peep from anyone in charge other than

"Server has crashed at a critical point and needs to be restored to the last maintenance scheduled (Friday: 10:00 AM GMT/UTC (2:00 AM PST).

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience to the players, We will endeavor to make sure these rollbacks do not happen again. "

THAT's your response? Really? Seriously you fook over the players time and efforts and you can't even come up with a decent frikken response.
    Exactly...what is left of this population is bleeding out left and right (I know because I'm one of them...) I've been desperately trying to stay positive and supportive, but this is it...it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

Given that the rollback pretty much covered the entire Offpeak/Aussie primetime you've pretty much lost that population, it also would have covered a large chunk of the Euro playerbase since it was a public holiday. They might keep their American players as they would most likely be the least affected, though some on the east coast my have given up since it was around 3pm EDT, again, public holiday so the numbers online would have been higher than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post

Mhm, what else should they say? Reimbursement is whats done in other mmos in such a case but its not possible since they dont take monthly fees yet, afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by caaahl View Post
    Mhm, what else should they say? Reimbursement is whats done in other mmos in such a case but its not possible since they dont take monthly fees yet, afaik.

Is that correct, is the monthly subscription charge not yet in effect? My account suggests I will be charged on the 15th of May?

Quote Originally Posted by JaredXS View Post
    Is that correct, is the monthly subscription charge not yet in effect? My account suggests I will be charged on the 15th of May?
    The free period which came with the client is not over yet.

Yeah... really can't say much more than that and have anyone react differently. The same people will still be angry even if every dev said the only thing they could say... "Sorry."

I think they should probably be finished with the almost finished new updater... that will probably include everything you guys want. Hopefully.