UPDATE: Ok, I discovered the IRC chat page and was informed that this situation is due to some Emergency Maintenance on the server. Whilst I fully appreciate the need for such maintenance in a emergency, I'm going to leave the rest of the post in place - especially due to the fact that the launcher states that the server is up. I can't stress this enough: if you are every going to move the game/genre out of the garage and into the mass audience - you need to stop presuming the average player understand to visit specific forum posts, or IRC to find out whats happening - you NEED to communicate with your customers!

Hello,

In my four days experience as a newly paying customer and subscriber of this game, I have experienced a 10 or so hour 'rollback' without explanation. I only discovered this when reading 'local' chat last night.

Further to this, and to be my added disappointment, the second time I try and log on over this UK Bank Holiday weekend, I now find that the server is offline.

This is despite the launcher stating clearly that the 'main server is up'.

So, for the second time - I am unable to play the game at 1 pm UK time on a Saturday afternoon.

If this is a unintentional downtime, so be it - these things happen.

However, if this is due to the the time-zone difference and the misguided perception from the US-based developers that this is an 'ok' time to re-boot, or maintain the server - then it is downright amateurish.

If you wish to stand a chance, you seriously need to up your customer relations - and avoid pissing off your new customers. One, they won't come back, and two - more importantly, they certainly won't recommend Xsyon to their friends.

I want your game and this genre to succeed but - in all truthfulness - you are not doing yourselves any favours with the reputation you are starting to acquire.