Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Unlikely that i or many other people are going to be around if this combat revamp isnt planned until "mid summer". Priorities are not straight here, imo.
    I dont need combat revamped that fast if many other things are fixed very well.

My worry is that combat isnt going to be revamped instead they doing other things, and those other things are very minor effects on the game. Decay is great, but its not going to make the game fun.

Combat is being revamped now, probably. Their priorities are right. The plan is just to have it completed and in game by mid summer. They aren't starting the revamp in mid-summer. Not everyone is doing that part of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Combat is being revamped now, probably. Their priorities are right. The plan is just to have it completed and in game by mid summer. They aren't starting the revamp in mid-summer. Not everyone is doing that part of the project.
    I hope so, Orious, for the game's sake. The community is not as forgiving as i am.

It doesn't really sound logical to be in the "near future".

Animals arent even working properly yet, let alone many of the other skill trees. It wouldn't sound feasible to really even address it until all animals are in, functioning properly, and combat/defense was revamped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about taming...just hope it doesn't end up as an easy replacement for combat that can be whored out.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    It doesn't really sound logical to be in the "near future".

Animals arent even working properly yet, let alone many of the other skill trees. It wouldn't sound feasible to really even address it until all animals are in, functioning properly, and combat/defense was revamped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about taming...just hope it doesn't end up as an easy replacement for combat that can be whored out.
    Agreed. I know taming is an expected feature, but ill be very disappointed if they dont fix combat before taming.

Animal taming? Really? This is what the game is lacking? This is the #1 priority? Very disappointing! I'm starting to lose faith in the game, and I was a HUGE fan from the start....but it is taking way to long....

their is a dev working on revamping combat as we speak. their is another dev working on animal ai as we speak then a server guy maintaining the server. then 2 dev's working on and fixing other feathuers and bugs. Combat will take the longest to fix as it need to be completly redone from scratch so i dont expect it to be till months from now. Atm they are going for for full feature completion and at the end of that combat maybe finally done. This is a small dev team. Dont forget it takes alot of time to fixs these things.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    their is a dev working on revamping combat as we speak. their is another dev working on animal ai as we speak then a server guy maintaining the server. then 2 dev's working on and fixing other feathuers and bugs. Combat will take the longest to fix as it need to be completly redone from scratch so i dont expect it to be till months from now. Atm they are going for for full feature completion and at the end of that combat maybe finally done. This is a small dev team. Dont forget it takes alot of time to fixs these things.

Combat is the one thing that might stop the hemorrhaging of players. Whats the point of the current features without it? Unless you're into playing "dress-up" or "Bob the builder" the craft skills are rather worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Combat is the one thing that might stop the hemorrhaging of players. Whats the point of the current features without it? Unless you're into playing "dress-up" or "Bob the builder" the craft skills are rather worthless.
    I think a fun crafting game would do the same. Better would be to have both working.

A lot of people are playing this game not only for combat but also for the econ, and the fact its a sandbox and not just a PVP sandbox like you think. Sandbox is where people shape the world, not just fight over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think a fun crafting game would do the same. Better would be to have both working.

A lot of people are playing this game not only for combat but also for the econ, and the fact its a sandbox and not just a PVP sandbox like you think. Sandbox is where people shape the world, not just fight over it.
    But there is no economy, nor need. Everything is far too abundant, accessible and pointless.

Why craft weapons without combat?
    Why craft armor without combat?
    Why craft walls without combat? (further negated by safezones)
    Why craft buildings? They're pointless
    Why craft tools? See above

What would be the driving force to craft in a "fun crafting" game?