Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    And yet Hanover, decay would actually solve most of that as what you have now will not be as good tomorrow. Now, factor in that you have been fighting animals for their bones, and you make it back to town just as a gang of zombies attack...

Needs do drive economies. and you are right we need.. more ... Needs

Some nice acid rain to ruin many junk piles. A really hard freeze that cracks our walls ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    And yet Hanover, decay would actually solve most of that as what you have now will not be as good tomorrow.
    You're delusional! If it doesn't serve any purpose now, who cares about it decaying?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    But there is no economy, nor need. Everything is far too abundant, accessible and pointless.

Why craft weapons without combat?
    Why craft armor without combat?
    Why craft walls without combat? (further negated by safezones)
    Why craft buildings? They're pointless
    Why craft tools? See above

What would be the driving force to craft in a "fun crafting" game?

Im not disagreeing with you but combat is NOT the only reason to make something.

1)Why craft weapons without PVP you mean or combat? Because there is also PVE combat, which you would want weapons for.
    2)Why craft armor? See #1
    3)Why craft walls without combat? See #1
    4) Why craft buildings, See #1, and could be for other things like comfort, or so you can store items better, so you can do other things like maybe cook inside them etc.
    5)Why craft tools? Are you kidding me? You need tools to make items and build things.

What would be the driving force to craft in a "fun crafting" game?
    The want to do better, and build things. Problem is that like you said there is no reason to build a totem and village because it offers no bonus or benefits. If totems were to give better healing rates, or more comfort, or without them you slept in the open you would lose stats etc. People would want and need to build them. Also if you used totems for more advanced crafting, like say you need a workshop to build a tinkering table. Without a totem you couldnt build a workshop thus you cant build a tinkering table to build something else you want or need.

What Im talking about making crafting fun, is:
    1)Make better uses for things that are built (Tents, Walls, tribe lands etc).
    2)Make crafting less boring. Instead of just crafting 100k bricks, with the same no thought into the 3 actions you are doing. Put something in place where you are rewarded for your actions. If you make the right choices at the right times you are rewarded with faster brick building, or extra bricks, or stronger bricks etc. If you dont do the correct action, you fail, or you make them slower, or you are hurt etc. This will prevent people from macroing, while also allowing crafters to feel more rewarded for their actions.

Dont get me wrong, I want combat, if you read any of my posts you will see that. But dont think that combat will fix everything and that is the main thing needed. For most this is a CRAFTING sandbox game. NOT a combat focus game.

I have to agree with DDT. I to feel the game needs to start implementing more features, unless better combat includes the ability to siege upon other tribes hence allowing the ability to repair structures, then players will still complain about lack of content. Keep in mind this is a small team of developers and without a stable system which they have been focusing on all of that is useless.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    1)Why craft weapons without PVP you mean or combat? Because there is also PVE combat, which you would want weapons for.
    2)Why craft armor? See #1
    3)Why craft walls without combat? See #1
    4) Why craft buildings, See #1, and could be for other things like comfort, or so you can store items better, so you can do other things like maybe cook inside them etc.
    5)Why craft tools? Are you kidding me? You need tools to make items and build things.

The want to do better, and build things. Problem is that like you said there is no reason to build a totem and village because it offers no bonus or benefits. If totems were to give better healing rates, or more comfort, or without them you slept in the open you would lose stats etc. People would want and need to build them. Also if you used totems for more advanced crafting, like say you need a workshop to build a tinkering table. Without a totem you couldnt build a workshop thus you cant build a tinkering table to build something else you want or need.

What Im talking about making crafting fun, is:
    1)Make better uses for things that are built (Tents, Walls, tribe lands etc).
    2)Make crafting less boring. Instead of just crafting 100k bricks, with the same no thought into the 3 actions you are doing. Put something in place where you are rewarded for your actions. If you make the right choices at the right times you are rewarded with faster brick building, or extra bricks, or stronger bricks etc. If you dont do the correct action, you fail, or you make them slower, or you are hurt etc. This will prevent people from macroing, while also allowing crafters to feel more rewarded for their actions.

Dont get me wrong, I want combat, if you read any of my posts you will see that. But dont think that combat will fix everything and that is the main thing needed. For most this is a CRAFTING sandbox game. NOT a combat focus game.
    Your gameplay vision put me in a coma of boredom. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post

I meant combat as a whole. I haven't found any PvE even remotely challenging, while naked using a pre-order weapon. ( including soloing 5-6 deer during an "event")

I run naked and our tribal area has no structures to speak of. Yet, we have access to a number of high level - GM craft skills and 1000's of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    Haha, thats because you are combat focused. If those items were put into place, and then combat fixed with limited resources. Im sure you would love it because there will be tons of people playing for you to kill loot and gank.

I meant combat as a whole. I haven't found any PvE even remotely challenging, while naked using a pre-order weapon. ( including soloing 5-6 deer during an "event")

I run naked and our tribal area has no structures to speak of. Yet, we have access to a number of high level - GM craft skills and 1000's of resources.
    I agree 100% because there is no reason for structures, and no reason for you to not run naked. Which is just my point. If comfort was working, or clothing gave bonuses to crafting or combat (which armor does for combat), you would see a need and a reason to have these items. Even without combat PVP.

If you talking about combat with both PVE and PVP. Yes I agree combat does need to be fixed a little before some of the items in game will be useful but still its not needed. You can have a complete game with no combat in it, and still be fun for players. Yes it wouldnt be fun for players like you and me but doesnt mean many people wouldnt love the building sandbox aspect of it.

I would like taming, even if just a simple auto-follow with no combat ability, so I could be working on a improving my skill and forming a strong bond with an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HyBrasil View Post
    I would like taming, even if just a simple auto-follow with no combat ability, so I could be working on a improving my skill and forming a strong bond with an animal.

I would love to seem taming and animal herding.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrasil View Post
    Look, I don't want to repeat the same old things other people have been saying, but this is a SANDBOX game, and if you want to improve your skill at forming a strong bond with an animal, there are ways to do this without having the devs hold your hand. Maybe you just need to get a little creative.