Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I am afraid that Taming might not make it till summer. I myself am a great fan of taming, so be assured it is not gone nor the focus lost. But as I said in my introduction, the technical feasilbilty is also part of my job and as much as I am a fan of taming, I am also blocking it atm.

As Dezgard pointed out, we are working heavily on the creature AI and we might find an easy, quick solution. But you have to judge it in an overall context and therefore I would rather like to inform you, that it might take a bit longer than letting you hope to get this feature (even in a simplified form) fast.

Sorry for that negative answer, but I hope the world become interesting enough with the first changes we plan and as said, it is only delayed not canceled.

Danathur

You guys have A LOT to address before that happens, regardless of how bad anyone wants it. That's openly visible. That's perfectly fine.

Thank you for the clarification, and huge thank you for the open honesty involving it! Delayed is much better than cancelled.

Now if we could just get you guys to start addressing, verbally, other issues...*hint hint "Are contested totems the best way for land control" hint hint*

/keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Im not disagreeing with you but combat is NOT the only reason to make something.

1)Why craft weapons without PVP you mean or combat? Because there is also PVE combat, which you would want weapons for.
    2)Why craft armor? See #1
    3)Why craft walls without combat? See #1
    4) Why craft buildings, See #1, and could be for other things like comfort, or so you can store items better, so you can do other things like maybe cook inside them etc.
    5)Why craft tools? Are you kidding me? You need tools to make items and build things.

What would be the driving force to craft in a "fun crafting" game?
    The want to do better, and build things. Problem is that like you said there is no reason to build a totem and village because it offers no bonus or benefits. If totems were to give better healing rates, or more comfort, or without them you slept in the open you would lose stats etc. People would want and need to build them. Also if you used totems for more advanced crafting, like say you need a workshop to build a tinkering table. Without a totem you couldnt build a workshop thus you cant build a tinkering table to build something else you want or need.

What Im talking about making crafting fun, is:
    1)Make better uses for things that are built (Tents, Walls, tribe lands etc).
    2)Make crafting less boring. Instead of just crafting 100k bricks, with the same no thought into the 3 actions you are doing. Put something in place where you are rewarded for your actions. If you make the right choices at the right times you are rewarded with faster brick building, or extra bricks, or stronger bricks etc. If you dont do the correct action, you fail, or you make them slower, or you are hurt etc. This will prevent people from macroing, while also allowing crafters to feel more rewarded for their actions.

Dont get me wrong, I want combat, if you read any of my posts you will see that. But dont think that combat will fix everything and that is the main thing needed. For most this is a CRAFTING sandbox game. NOT a combat focus game.

Excellent post.

Crafting is way too grindy. I need 80 limestone bricks to make a piece of wall. That's 80 times digging limestone. 80 times turning stone into brick (plus extra for failures). Then there's digging up sand and extra limestone for mortar.

You should either be able to batch process the crafting, or have some sort of minigame which allows you to gather/produce more than one item each try.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhul_NS View Post
    You should either be able to batch process the crafting, or have some sort of minigame which allows you to gather/produce more than one item each try.
    Ive been saying this for a year or more. Its SOOOO needed.

I am afraid that Taming might not make it till summer. I myself am a great fan of taming, so be assured it is not gone nor the focus lost. But as I said in my introduction, the technical feasilbilty is also part of my job and as much as I am a fan of taming, I am also blocking it atm.

As Dezgard pointed out, we are working heavily on the creature AI and we might find an easy, quick solution. But you have to judge it in an overall context and therefore I would rather like to inform you, that it might take a bit longer than letting you hope to get this feature (even in a simplified form) fast.

Sorry for that negative answer, but I hope the world become interesting enough with the first changes we plan and as said, it is only delayed not canceled.

Danathur
    Thanks for the update, and good post and choice. I agree some times holding something back thats going to take a long time is best when you can do many other fixes or content. Again thanks.