Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggest:Timetable for upcoming content/tool patch?

Hi there,

Suggestion. How about a Timetable for the upcoming content and tool patches that brings more possibilitys in the game?

Honestly, Mid Summer....is a little bit ....vague. How about like "We Plan in the Next 14 Days to deploy this and this patch" or "We plan to deploy every 2 weeks a content update that brings us closer to have the game we wanted to release" or somethin like that.

I mean honestly i understand why not everything cant be pointed out but...give us datas, a little bit more then mid summer. The last time it was "To release" and had a variation of mostly 1 year. I hope you mean the Summer this year and not next year? Nah sorry but pls.......more specific dates for patches would be cool and in my personal opinion really needed.

Chereyo,

Ferigad

When they start adding dates, people are going to start getting pissy if they get set back because "you said by this date you would do this".

However, it would be nice if we had, say, the "goals" or the "focus" of the next coming weeks. I think a lot of people would agree we'd rather see a little bit of new things added every few weeks rather than wait for some jesus patch in 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    When they start adding dates, people are going to start getting pissy if they get set back because "you said by this date you would do this".

However, it would be nice if we had, say, the "goals" or the "focus" of the next coming weeks. I think a lot of people would agree we'd rather see a little bit of new things added every few weeks rather than wait for some jesus patch in 4 months.
    This...waiting another 1.5-2 months to release the miracle patch isn't going to work (not saying that's what is currently planned). Do a small patch often and include things as they're finished...the community needs to see some proof that things are happening...

i think the official statement for the timeframe was 6 weeks

I agree, but in the actuall anouncement it was "Mid Summer" what ever mid summer means.... i agree with the other two suggestions, smaller patches, more frequently, and a timetable that says "We plan to release in the next 3 Weeks to deploy a major patch" or "We plan to deploy during March a patch with this and this content" and so on.

1 month is still a better overview then "At the beginnng of 21. June, we will deploy between the 10. July and 15. August more content" Thats excatly what "Mid Summer" would mean.

Honestly, Summer beginns at the 21. June. We are still in Spring! And the Mid of the Summer is around 10-20 July. Not even June.

I don't think we need a timetable. With the delays that always comes with everything with this game. A timetable would just add fuel to the fire of hate when something was delayed. Now in the past two or four days I have seen Dezgard(sp?) running around letting us know whats going on. And I must say I like this a lot. Maybe he could start helping us out. Without giving us a timetable, As in this will go in at this date and that will go in on this date. I would like for them to give us a list of what they are doing now. They don't have to tell us what date they think it will go in-game. Just let us know what is being worked on now. I would also love to have a second list of what they plan on working on next. Keeping both updated would keep us a little more happy. At lest we would know whats to come.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    I don't think we need a timetable. With the delays that always comes with everything with this game. A timetable would just add fuel to the fire of hate when something was delayed. Now in the past two or four days I have seen Dezgard(sp?) running around letting us know whats going on. And I must say I like this a lot. Maybe he could start helping us out. Without giving us a timetable, As in this will go in at this date and that will go in on this date. I would like for them to give us a list of what they are doing now. They don't have to tell us what date they think it will go in-game. Just let us know what is being worked on now. I would also love to have a second list of what they plan on working on next. Keeping both updated would keep us a little more happy. At lest we would know whats to come.

Apparently, 10 characters is the lowest answer you can write..

I agree with the quoted.

You'd think based on your join date, OP, you'd understand how meaningless it is to try to give accurate estimates. You were obviously here when the game was supposed to go live and must have watched as every proposed release date was blown through until they finally (and wisely) said "Fuck it. No more release dates."

Stop worrying about timeframes. If you like the game, play it. If you don't, unsubscribe and check back later. There are lots of things to do out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunk View Post
    You'd think based on your join date, OP, you'd understand how meaningless it is to try to give accurate estimates. You were obviously here when the game was supposed to go live and must have watched as every proposed release date was blown through until they finally (and wisely) said "Fuck it. No more release dates."

Stop worrying about timeframes. If you like the game, play it. If you don't, unsubscribe and check back later. There are lots of things to do out there.
    I disagree about the timeframes, but that's what I am going to do - quit. I don't think for a second that any significant portion of the proposed features/fixes will ever be put in.

I bought Xsyon knowing I was taking a chance. Well, this chance didn't work out. The people working on Xsyon are totally unprofessional. They MIGHT have good intentions (and they might NOT), but it isn't ever going to happen.

Too bad, but I am not going to throw good money after bad.

Uhm, for someone with such a small DEV team (and let's get all the haters hating now) they're honestly doing a better job than you'd ever be able to pull off, of course they are not Trion and they are not Blizzard/Activision and even those firms don't provide you with a timetable.. So why would you request one from Notorious Games?

Midsummer, you know.. Nah wait. December - February (Winter), March - May (Spring), June - August (summer), September - November (Autumn).
    The joyous thing is midsummer is probably around July seeing that is the middle month in the summer and then people had a refreshing course in the seasons and their months.