Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Any thoughts on some of the ideas put forth? Do you see any that would allow you to enjoy a more hardcore pvp aspect of a game while allowing others a different choice... without treading on your own choice since that's what I think people are trying to get at.
    Simple...

1. Keep limited safes zone
    2. Ability to defend homesteads outside safe zones. (locking doors,gates,traps)
    3. Rares far from safe zones. (be it Resources,Animals,Recipes,Books) For instance the recipes would need to be learned/read immediately

Some want blue, others want red. Any suggestion to mix them together by definition eliminates them both. Purple can't be blue, and red can't be purple. Added to that is the fact that blue doesn't really mind being a little purple, but red absolutely despises purple.

And to those that say 'Well EVE did it.'. No. No they didn't. I played EVE from launch for nearly 5 years. What many of you fail to realize about EVE is that the two groups you claim are happy with it are the same people. In EVE, a handful of elite long time players run the show. They are the pvp players, AND they are the non-pvp players. You can join any one of more than 8 dozen Corps (pvp or not) and you're still playing under those same people. Everyone who doesn't know this are generally naive fodder for these handful of groups. They are firmly established in both 0.0 and 1.0 and everything in between.

It's a charade. An elaborate farce is still a farce. And the reason they are able to do this is primarily because there are safe and not safe areas. You want to know a secret? Only the noobs fight over resources in EVE. And those handful of long established elite players (playing both sides of the pvp/non-pvp coin) never want for ANYTHING. Most of the fights are 'staged' by the leaders to keep people interested so they can continue taking advantage of them financially.

So to hell with EVE already.

A balancing act will make this game 'the same old thing'. I came here for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    splitt servers , one with safezones one with none.
    Why? : because neither side is willing to share any sand. Theyre more busy leaving poo in the sand of the guy that opposes their opinion.
    Sound to me like 1 group needs to leave because there were no plans for safezones in this game from the very start, they were added as a TEMP fix to get the world going.
    Splitting the servers is a very very very very bad idea. (I could use other words but Im not because I dont want to get warned) Why is it a bad idea. Lets just start off with the biggest reason. LIMITED POPULATION!!!!!! Once you can tell me both servers will be filled for a fact then maybe I will list more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Simple...

3. Rares far from safe zones. (be it Resources,Animals,Recipes,Books) For instance the recipes would need to be learned/read immediately
    Boys and Girls read that quote and understand. That's it right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    Some want blue, others want red. Any suggestion to mix them together by definition eliminates them both. Purple can't be blue, and red can't be purple. Added to that is the fact that blue doesn't really mind being a little purple, but red absolutely despises purple.

And to those that say 'Well EVE did it.'. No. No they didn't. I played EVE from launch for nearly 5 years. What many of you fail to realize about EVE is that the two groups you claim are happy with it are the same people. In EVE, a handful of elite long time players run the show. They are the pvp players, AND they are the non-pvp players. You can join any one of more than 8 dozen Corps (pvp or not) and you're still playing under those same people. Everyone who doesn't know this are generally naive fodder for these handful of groups. They are firmly established in both 0.0 and 1.0 and everything in between.

It's a charade. An elaborate farce is still a farce. And the reason they are able to do this is primarily because there are safe and not safe areas. You want to know a secret? Only the noobs fight over resources in EVE. And those handful of long established elite players (playing both sides of the pvp/non-pvp coin) never want for ANYTHING.

So to hell with EVE already.

A balancing act will make this game 'the same old thing'. I came here for something new.
    No offense but that's is a bunch of bullsh!t. I even would go so far as to say you are just trying to toot your own horn thinking you are in the "know".

EVE has a great system, I know many corps that are powerful and have no ties to people that have been playing for 5+ years. You think because you live in your little world of "Ive been playing sames alpha" that the game centers around you or your 8 friend corps. It doesnt. You will learn that one day.
    Im not saying that a there are not very powerful old corps that have ties all over the place. But dont act like everyone falls under these "8" corps.

Back to the topic in relation to your post. What makes EVE great about safe areas are the fact they are not 100% safe. I know people that gank others in 1.0 areas. They have good tactics and other things to get goods from these areas. Its a great working system.
    One problem with Xsyon's "safe" areas are the fact they can be placed ANYWHERE, and they can be used as an offensive base to work from. Makes no sense.
    If it is going to be put in the way it sounds, then I will tell you right now you have not SEEN what griefing is until it goes active. Trust me it will be a griefers haven.

EVE has a great system, I know many corps that are powerful and have no ties to people that have been playing for 5+ years. You think because you live in your little world of "Ive been playing sames alpha" that the game centers around you or your 8 friend corps. It doesnt. You will learn that one day.
    Im not saying that a there are not very powerful old corps that have ties all over the place. But dont act like everyone falls under these "8" corps.
    EVE does have a great system for what it is. My displeasure with it only relates to this game and trying to make this game more like it. The point being that an amusement park is still an amusement park.

EDIT: Not for nothin but I had a lot of fun playing EVE.

Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    splitt servers , one with safezones one with none.
    Why? : because neither side is willing to share any sand. Theyre more busy leaving poo in the sand of the guy that opposes their opinion.
    I thought we can solve it without splitting the server. Now I tend to believe its not possible. One part of the playerbase seem to think that their way is the only way. Fine. Get your server and give us another one. Splitting the population is not an argument, since if there isn't a consensus (and it seems there never will be one) one side will leave anyway. If there is an optional warfare system, the ones who want a forced one will leave. If there is a forced warfare system the ones who want peace will leave. Personally I don't want anyone to leave. Let's get 2 servers then since you guys are so sure that you need 1 whole server. PvE players could live with a 50-50% splitted server, but you need the whole one, or at least 93% lol.

You have to understand one thing. No one can be forced to do things in a game which he/she doesn't like. People will just quit. Its better to start a new server then to lose half of the players, whichever half would it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I thought we can solve it without splitting the server. Now I tend to believe its not possible. One part of the playerbase seem to think that their way is the only way. Fine. Get your server and give us another one. Splitting the population is not an argument, since if there isn't a consensus (and it seems there never will be one) one side will leave anyway. If there is an optional warfare system, the ones who want a forced one will leave. If there is a forced warfare system the ones who want peace will leave. Personally I don't want anyone to leave. Let's get 2 servers then since you guys are so sure that you need 1 whole server. PvE players could live with a 50-50% splitted server, but you need the whole one, or at least 93% lol.

You have to understand one thing. No one can be forced to do things in a game which he/she doesn't like. People will just quit. Its better to start a new server then to lose half of the players, whichever half would it be.

You understand that its YOU thats trying to change it? Not the PVPers right?
    PVEers are trying to change it to a game where they can do whatever they want without risk.
    PVPers are understanding "Yes we need safezones but they should be very limited". While PVEers are saying "We want you to change the game to how we want it or we wont play, if I cant do everything PVPers can do, I dont want to play this game"

Game was stated from the get go of how PVP and building would be done. If you are a PVEer and didnt see that, you should have. Trying to change it now is just pissing off the people that know how to read off.

I didnt goto LOTR and say "Omg Im leaving if you dont put PVP in this game". The game was made and said it was going to have open world PVP, no safe areas etc. Now you want it 50% when knowing that 50% safe is like having 100% safe.

Then PVPers go down to well we just want a small part safe because we understand that people need time to build up and learn the game etc. So they are trying to understand and help you, but you wont take it and you acting like everyone in the game wants this but a select few.
    Let me tell you, even people I know that dont like PVP, understand why they want this system. Because it makes the game more fun to them even when they dont PVP. They have reasons to craft, they feel needed. Its not just another sim game anymore, its active.

We'll be 100% safe in the 50% of the safe zone.

@DDT +all
    see where this is going?
    everyone is very vocal bout how he/she's right , neglecting the views and
    "demands" of the other on how things should be.

Sidenote: DDT your colour is very eyepoking, do you realy need that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    Simple...

3. Rares far from safe zones. (be it Resources,Animals,Recipes,Books)
    I approve of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You understand that its YOU thats trying to change it? Not the PVPers right?
    PVEers are trying to change it to a game where they can do whatever they want without risk.
    PVPers are understanding "Yes we need safezones but they should be very limited". While PVEers are saying "We want you to change the game to how we want it or we wont play, if I cant do everything PVPers can do, I dont want to play this game"

Game was stated from the get go of how PVP and building would be done. If you are a PVEer and didnt see that, you should have. Trying to change it now is just pissing off the people that know how to read off.

I didnt goto LOTR and say "Omg Im leaving if you dont put PVP in this game". The game was made and said it was going to have open world PVP, no safe areas etc. Now you want it 50% when knowing that 50% safe is like having 100% safe.

Then PVPers go down to well we just want a small part safe because we understand that people need time to build up and learn the game etc. So they are trying to understand and help you, but you wont take it and you acting like everyone in the game wants this but a select few.
    Let me tell you, even people I know that dont like PVP, understand why they want this system. Because it makes the game more fun to them even when they dont PVP. They have reasons to craft, they feel needed. Its not just another sim game anymore, its active.
    No, its not me who want to change it. I'm fine with the system Jordi plans, the opt-out warfare. I don't want to change it, do you ?

He has always planned the game to be this way. Warfare over resources, not over the cities. Now that there are players who wants to fight over the cities too he is willing to give an option for that, but not forcing it on everybody. Ok, let's not change it.