Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Hmm... you're right. I guess they are the same thing logistically.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Hmm... you're right. I guess they are the same thing logistically.
    beans bullets & band aids

I don't think that decay should be tampered with. I think items should decay at the rate they decay. I do however think that items which provide an active function should suffer from 'wear'. Wear can be an additional increase in decay and that takes care of the weapon deal. It seems logical to me that if you actively 'use' something that its decay should increase. Not to mention the way weapons seem to be put together when you craft them. I mean twine? How long does anyone expect that to last? If its poorly crafted it would fall apart after a 6min melee, possibly even within the first few swings. In a world like Xsyon you would expect weapons to break (as in ruined) often.

A sword stored in a bin should last considerably longer than one deployed in the field. So in short, hit something with a tool/weapon, that item should increase in decay with each use. Possibly with a chance to break (rendered useless) based on craftsmanship. Instead of disappearing though I think you should be able to reuse them as scrap mats in some way.

EDIT: This would also put a higher value on crafters. There should be a stark contrast between 'hey check out what I made in my garage' from 'the masterwork weapon you requested is ready my liege.'. Since pvp builds will not be able to develop or at least keep their expertise in crafting, they will only ever have a couple options. A. Make mediocre weapons themselves that break all the time. Or B. Invest in a relationship with a hardcore crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    I don't think that decay should be tampered with. I think items should decay at the rate they decay. I do however think that items which provide an active function should suffer from 'wear'. Wear can be an additional increase in decay and that takes care of the weapon deal. It seems logical to me that if you actively 'use' something that its decay should increase. Not to mention the way weapons seem to be put together when you craft them. I mean twine? How long does anyone expect that to last? If its poorly crafted it would fall apart after a 6min melee, possibly even within the first few swings. In a world like Xsyon you would expect weapons to break (as in ruined) often.

A sword stored in a bin should last considerably longer than one deployed in the field. So in short, hit something with a tool/weapon, that item should increase in decay with each use. Possibly with a chance to break (rendered useless) based on craftsmanship. Instead of disappearing though I think you should be able to reuse them as scrap mats in some way.

EDIT: This would also put a higher value on crafters. There should be a stark contrast between 'hey check out what I made in my garage' from 'the masterwork weapon you requested is ready my liege.'. Since pvp builds will not be able to develop or at least keep their expertise in crafting, they will only ever have a coupe options. A. Make mediocre weapons themselves that break all the time. Or B. Invest in a relationship with a hardcore crafter.
    Agreed and I hope they have something like this planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchfoot View Post
    --stuff--
    +1

10char........