Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The difference between the new and the old

It has been very refreshing lately to see new players joining the game. New eyes to see just how cool this game really is. New eyes that are not jaded.

Well done that you did not let the disappointed beta players ruin your venturing into what will very likely be a gem of a game!

Soon we will have many of the things we are all looking for. But for now, just get in game, take your time to explore the areas, learn how to craft and hone your skills.

No need to rush, no need to be worried. You have time to learn everything, and as new things are added it will just get better and better.

So, slow down, meld into the community and plan for the future. Soon you will have zombies to worry about. and when some of the mist clears... maybe even new technologies to study and benefit from ...

I can hardly wait!

Xsyon Citizen
    You should retitle this thread "The difference between what the game currently is and what I hope it will be one day".

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    It has been very refreshing lately to see new players joining the game. New eyes to see just how cool this game really is. New eyes that are not jaded.

Well done that you did not let the disappointed beta players ruin your venturing into what will very likely be a gem of a game!

Soon we will have many of the things we are all looking for. But for now, just get in game, take your time to explore the areas, learn how to craft and hone your skills.

No need to rush, no need to be worried. You have time to learn everything, and as new things are added it will just get better and better.

So, slow down, meld into the community and plan for the future. Soon you will have zombies to worry about. and when some of the mist clears... maybe even new technologies to study and benefit from ...

I can hardly wait!
    I can hardly wait to pay monthly subscription for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post

I can hardly wait!
    hehe this reminds me of threads from 6 months ago

Who didn't love it when they played for the first bit. that is not the problem. It is . . then what? New players love Darkfall, Mortal Online. . etc. etc.. then once the "genre breaking" things are explored they find they are bored.

UO had a few things going for it that people need to realize. . they had places of interest and dungeons. . with spawns etc. They had many thing. .Now having said that they also only had to do it in isometric dated graphics etc.

MO has great places to explore. Once. . not much to do there once you see it all though. Darkfall can keep you busy exploring and the AI is interesting for quite a long time. I still enjoy both of those games in a casual sense.

The building etc. in Xsyon is great. . there is nothing like starting out and thinking. . how am I going to eat. Finding a spot to claim as your very own is awesome. I even had fun running around scavenging. . the randomness keeps me going. I spent lots of time sociailizing.

For me even the animals being around would keep me playing. I love the rest. Right now there is nothing "random" that can happen aside from scavenging etc.

Get the animals going and get decay on and I think we are fine.

Thinking that new players are seeing something different is a little over the top. . it is just fresh for them. Why do you think we all look back at UO so fondly. . it was new. the community - not just in that game but as MMO players was new. New players are certainly refreshing but the game needs to keep old players to grow. . not just cycle through the available player base until they have all tried it. Churn rate needs to be low on this one.