Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best lands is locked away by abandoned homes

Since it seems some of the best land is either locked away in abandoned homes (and totem decay seems a fairly long way off) or deforested by asshats or disfigured by peoples by earthern phallic symbols is there a rough idea when we might see the mists roll back and some new unspoilt lands revealed?

A lot of land in the south... lots.

This thread reminds me of WURM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    Since it seems some of the best land is either locked away in abandoned homes (and totem decay seems a fairly long way off) or deforested by asshats or disfigured by peoples by earthern phallic symbols is there a rough idea when we might see the mists roll back and some new unspoilt lands revealed?
    You can walk for hours without seeing one living thing and you want to expand the map? You must be joking! There are plenty of spots within the current map, perhaps you should go look before trying to further fragment the player base. Do you expect them to expand the map every few weeks so you can have a private pristine world??? Xsyon is a "sandox" MMO, others WILL influence the world.

Xsyon Citizen
    I completely agree on that others influence the world.
    But if they stop their influence should stop, just like real life.
    So in some way i agree with the topic starter but not by expanding the map but by removing the unused totems.
    in my zone i am the only one active but most good resources are locked by not playing totems, very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Dzarren View Post
    in my zone i am the only one active but most good resources are locked by not playing totems, very annoying
    What resources are you unable to obtain? I find it very hard to believe you are unable to get everything you need. Yes, you may have to leave your bubble.

Also, I'm sure those people "taking a break" paid the same amount as you did.

alot of people with dual accounts,so while they are in a big tribe they also secure other areas with the second accounts. This will give them extra resources if needed. But i think we are also seeing alot of people that dropped totems and have quit,or not playing till the next great update till thier time runs out.

I don't think expanding the mist to create virgin land for new players is a solution. Sure expand as the average number of accounts are logged in increases, but not just for the sake for guy who buys the game 2 months from now to clain never before seen territory. Trees will regrow. Totems will rot away, all the baskets of junk lying around will decompose into new junkpiles. In time the good available land will be near the lake, not 50 zones away. What players need most for this game is not new land, but patience.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowsin View Post
    What players need most for this game is not new land, but patience.
    This ^^^ and impatient people will most likely claim land and move away to other games, perpetuing the cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanover View Post
    What resources are you unable to obtain? I find it very hard to believe you are unable to get everything you need. Yes, you may have to leave your bubble.
    for the record- you can still steal stuff from those places; you will just be encroaching in tribal territory

Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    you will just be encroaching in tribal territory
    What effect does that have? Does it alert the tribe or anything like that? Or at this point does it mean nothing really?